Job Title: Programme Officer
Organization: National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager
The National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU) is an umbrella organization promoting the rights of Persons with disabilities in Uganda with the vision of having ‘Dignity for every person with disability.’ NUDIPU exists to advocate for the rights of PWDs in a unified voice for improved livelihoods.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Programme officer will be responsible for the implementation of project activities on employment of PWDs by ensuring that activities are being carried out in accordance with the approved proposal and annual implementation plans
- Develop policy briefs on employment of PWDs
- Carry out media campaign on employment (organize Press conferences, TV/Radio talk shows, spot messages on Employment of PWDs)
- Conducting joint awareness meetings with Human Resource Managers Association (HRMA), Federation of Uganda Employers (FUE), Public Sector Commission (PSC) and Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) on employment of PWDS.
- Carry out mentoring session with employers on how to employ PWDs, holding follow up meetings with HRMA to review progress collaboration on employment of PWDs,
- Engaging 10 District Service Commissions on employment of PWDs,
- Conduct joint advocacy events such as employer of the year award and document success stories on employment of PWDs and market a business-case for employing PWDs and advocating for affirmative action in public sector
- Lobby for changes in legislation, plans, policies and service delivery to facilitate the employment of PWDs
- Raise public awareness on the Rights and Responsibilities of PWDs
- Actively participate in all fundraising initiatives
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in Social sciences or Social Works and Social Administration or Community Adult Education or development studies and or any other related humanities.
- At least three years’ experience working with membership organizations, NGOs and has good understanding of development dynamics.
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Demonstrate ability to build teams
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in databases, power point, Excel and Ms Word
- Knowledge and experience of working with local communities and PWDS
- Fundraising skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their cover letters, copies of academic transcripts and resumes to the “Executive Director" either via post to: NUDIPU, P.O. Box 8567 Kampala OR Physically to NUDIPU offices on Plot 530, Bukoto-Kisaasi Road,
NB: Applicants are advised to clearly mark the application envelopes by indicating the position applied for.
Deadline: 23rd September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline