Job Title: Program Manager
Organisation: Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO)
Project Name: Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja Project (PACK))
Funding Source: Irish Aid
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Grants Management Unit (GMU) Coordinator
Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO) was established as a membership organization in 1996 to provide a platform for coordination, Advocacy, resource mobilization, capacity building and information sharing among civil society AIDS service organizations (ASOs). With its secretariat in Kampala, UNASO has a membership of over 2,000 AIDS service ionizations involved in HIV& AIDS and Health work. UNASO’s vision is “A Ugandan Society free of HIV and AIDS and its impact"; while her Mission is; “to provide leadership to ASOs for collective response to HIV& AIDS and Health through effective representation, coordination and enhanced capacities.”
About PACK Project:
A Civil Society organizations’ consortium (CSO-C) with support from Irish is implementing a five-year project “Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja” (PACK); The consortium comprises of Alliance of Mayors and Municipal Leaders on HIV/AIDS in Africa (AMICAALL), National Forum of People Living with HIV Networks in Uganda (NAFOPHANU), Straight Talk Foundation (STF), The AIDS Support Organization (TASO) and Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO) was formed in 2015 in order to implement a “Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja” (PACK) Program. It’s also to test the feasibility of funding CSOs in responding to the HIV/AIDS epidemic through a grant that is for and is managed by the civil society. In the consortium, AMICAALL will strengthen capacity of municipalities and lower local government and community leaders in Karamoja while STF will provide HIV and AIDS prevention and SRH information targeting adolescents, youth and young women in the region. TASO will carry out community support engagements and NAFOPHANU will build capacity of PLHIV networks in the region and address HIV stigma and discrimination as a key barrier to utilization of services. UNASO will be the Grants Management Unit (GMU) for administering the grants and providing technical and financial management support to the consortium.
Job Summary: The Program Manager will be responsible for PACK Program quality assurance, accountability, and documentation and learning. H/she supports program design, implementation, and utilization of information collected at different stages. The incumbent will support program in planning and execution of monitoring and evaluation activities, ensuring quality in accordance with accepted standards, providing essential feedback for learning, accountability and decision making. The jobholder will be responsible for providing internal capacity building for program staff on monitoring and evaluation activities as well as review and development of necessary tools that feed into needs of UNASO and donor reporting requirements. H/she will maintain procedures for operating efficiently and effectively for the CSO-C Grants Management Unit and Consortium partners. H/she will provide strategic guidance to teams consortium partners in ways that promote UNASO’s mandate. He/she will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics to ensure that PACK program deliver the expected outcomes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will provide technical and professional leadership to plan, implement, monitor and oversee PACK program activities
- Responsible for the successful delivery of the PACK program and management of the inter-dependencies in CSO-C partner activities
- Plan and proactively monitor implementation of inter-connected PACK program activities
- Coordinate PACK cross-program activities
- Responsible for effective quality assurance and the overall integrity and coherence of the PACK program - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the program, and outwardly on its coherence with CSO-C partners
- The incumbent will manage the PACK program's budget, monitor expenditure and costs against delivered and realized outputs as the program progresses
- Ensure there is allocation of common resources and skills within the PACK program's CSO-C individual activities
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and PACK activities
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize resources
- Resolve PACK programs' higher scope issues
- Prepare and submit program reports for donors at regular intervals
- The jobholder will manage risks to the PACK program’s successful outcome
- Align the PACK Program outcome to UNASO’s overall mandate and mission.
- Keenly review consortium partners work plans, targets and cash flows to achieve intermediate and overall goals of PACK Program
- Regularly monitor CSO- Consortium partners to ensure PACK Program guidelines are maintained
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Program Manager must hold a Masters Degree in a field relevant to development work such as Social Sciences, Social Work, Public Health, project planning and management, Business Administration.
- Other relevant training or certification to augment university degree and work experience
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible, professional experience in HIV/AIDS
- Five years of experience developing and managing large scale health/HIV/AIDS programs. Significant experience in partner coordination and relationship management required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in supporting a comprehensive approach to HIV/AIDS including strategic planning, monitoring and reporting in the areas of demand creation, Advocacy, systems strengthening and service delivery
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials either by post or hand delivery addressed to the:
Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO),
Plot 190, Kiira Road. Ntinda- Kyambogo Route,
P.O. Box 27346 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
For hand delivery, please deliver to the address above between 8.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
NB: Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 7th October, 2016 by 4:00 PM
NB: If you do not hear from us by 28th October, 2016, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline