Job Title: Product Development and Research Manager
Organization: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Marketing and Product Development
Housing Finance Bank was incorporated as a private company under the Companies Act in December 1967, the Bank has become a household name and has grown in leaps and bounds with a good track record among the pioneers of a mortgage lending. National Housing & Construction Corporation, a parastatal involved in real estate business has 5% shareholding and National Social Security Fund (NSSF) holds 50% and the Government of Uganda holds 45%. Today, the bank looks back with pride on the business accomplished in the mortgage lending business. Through innovation and placing emphasis on Honesty, Integrity, Efficiency and Customer care, Housing Finance Bank is the leader in the mortgage, holding a 90% market share.
Job Summary: The Product Development and Research Manager will plan, develop and modify Bank products and services tailored to customer needs in line with the identified market segments, the strategic plan and the regulatory framework.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will plan and coordinate the process of product development in line with the Bank’s product development policy and the strategic plan.
· Undertake financial modeling on products/services/schemes and target markets to facilitate understanding of product/service/ target market activity and profitability, as required in line with the strategic plan.
· Develop innovative ways through which the Bank’s financial products and services can be cost effectively and efficiently delivered to targeted market segments.
· Actively participate in reviewing and setting prices and/or tariffs for the Bank’s financial products /services to ensure they can cost effectively and efficiently delivered to targeted market segments.
· Coordinate the process of data mining, analysis, and dissemination of reports to relevant stake holders
· Carry out market research, intelligence and feasibility studies to drive the development of new and innovative financial products and services that support implementation of the Bank's strategic plan
· Deliver bank wide product training in line with the identified training needs
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head Marketing and Product Development
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Housing Finance Bank Product Development and Research Manager career vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Marketing, or Related Degree from a recognized institution.
· Possession of a Post-graduate qualification is an added advantage
· A minimum of four years’ experience in product development in a financial institution at Manager level
· General Banking and knowledge with emphasis on customer service, PR, Marketing & credit operations.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of current trends for a competitive marketing mix
· Ability to apply advanced research tools and techniques
· Good understanding of Big Data mining and analytics
· Ability to identify new market segments and trends
· Excellent customer service and people management skills
· Good report writing and presentation skills
· Good market research and analysis skills
· Openness to change and ability to manage complexity
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Banking sector are invited to send their applications including an updated CV, certified copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, and email address of both applicant, and three competent referees addressed to:
Head Human Resources, Housing Finance Bank, Plot 4 Wampewo Avenue, P. O. Box 1539, Kampala. Uganda.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted. All applicants who will not have heard from us within five weeks of closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 21st September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline