Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: National Drug Authority (NDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206 , Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate Human and Veterinary Medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products through the regulation and control of their production, importation, distribution and use.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will provide procurement and disposal support to ensure goods, services and works are effectively procure in line with the PPDA Act & PPDA Regulations, 2014.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all micro-procurements in accordance with the PPDA Guidelines and Regulations.
- Coordinate the preparation of a Consolidated Procurement Plan and Disposal Plan in line with NDA approved budget and follow up for smooth execution.
- The jobholder will issue all solicitation documents to suppliers and ensure that proper procedures of issuing of bids are followed as per PPDA Regulations.
- Prepare monthly procurement reports and ensure their timely submission to PPDA.
- Receive all bids from suppliers and ensure that proper procedures of receipt of bids are followed as per PPDA Regulations.
- Organize for opening of bids and ensure that bid openings are carried out in line with PPDA regulations.
- Ensure safe custody of the bid security, performance security, advance payment security, letters of credit and ensure that the process of discharging the bonds after the validity period is done as per PPDA Regulations.
- Actively participate in evaluation of bids and compilation of evaluation reports in line with PPDA Guidelines and Regulations. 2003.
- Ensure that all information like bid notices, notice of best evaluated bidder, notification of award are displayed and posted on NDA Notice Boards and PPDA Website.
- Capture data into the PPDA Government Portal.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or Business Administration or Bachelor of Commerce from a recognized University.
- Possession of chartered institute of purchasing and supply (CIPS) professional qualification
- A minimum of five years of hands-on experience in a reputable organisation.
- Computer knowledge including, but not limited, to MS Word, Excel, Navision, Power Point and Access.
- Knowledge of PPDA Act and PPDA Regulations.
- High degree of integrity
- Good judgment and strong communication skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their handwritten application letters with a detailed CV and copies of academic certificates and transcripts, contact addresses and day time telephone numbers of three (3) work related referees; should be submitted to:
Head of Human Resource & Administration,
National Drug Authority,
Plot 46-48 Lumumba Avenue,
P.O. Box 23096, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 21st October 2016