Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organization: Bridge International Academies
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. Bridge International Academies is an education innovation organization that designs technology-enabled, national-syllabus aligned primary and nursery school content to empower communities to give children a high-quality education. Bridge directly operates over 460 schools across Uganda, Kenya, Nigeria and India and acts as a government school operator for approximately 25 public primary and nursery schools in Liberia. In Uganda specifically we currently operate 63 schools across all regions of the country. Bridge works with parents, teachers and communities to provide the technology, training and resources to provide under-served communities with the support they need to deliver an education to their children that engages their hearts and minds, and ensures that they will complete primary school literate and numerate and able to take on the world.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will be required to work long hours, to challenge conventional market pricing mechanisms, continuously research the market and find better ways to achieve the least cost delivered prices within tight timelines. A non-conventional thinker, you will challenge every existing condition with a view to getting the best deal from the market. You will be flexible, adaptable and willing to move at the shortest notice. Never one to accept the status quo, you will get the job done no matter what.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Requirements Generation: Work closely with user departments to determine their procurement needs. Conduct market research data to identify potential vendors. Review all Purchase Requisitions for completeness and accuracy and assist with corrections as needed.
· Solicitation: Creation of solicitation documents (RFQ/RFP). Development of all evaluation criteria. Identify appropriate vendors for solicitation. Compile vendor questions, liaise with end users for all answers and communicate back to vendors. Manage item sampling and site surveys when required. Receive and track all vendor response.
· Evaluation and Award Decisions: Keenly review and track all vendor responses and provide master summary. Conduct comprehensive financial analysis of all proposals. Manage technical analysis with end user, highlighting strengths, weaknesses and deficiencies. Utilize evaluation results to create competitive range of best proposals. Communicate notices to unsuccessful bidders. Engage vendors in negotiations in order to identify and achieve significant cost savings for BIA.
· Award of Contract: All approved award decision information to be transferred into resulting contract and/or Navision LPO. Work with the legal team to develop appropriate legal documentation. Confirm all quantities, item descriptions, prices, delivery timelines and payment terms are included correctly on award document. Facilitate distribution of award to vendor.
· Post Award Contract Administration: Coordination of inspection/acceptance process between procurement, end user and vendor. Ensure accurate and timely delivery of products and services. Manage all post-award vendor issues. Maintain comprehensive documentation of ALL phases of each procurement action. Audit finalized procurement files for completeness and accuracy. Execute LPO/contract modifications as needed
· Electronic Systems (Navision/Sharepoint): Utilization of appropriate NAVISION reporting tools. Generate NAVISION reports and analyse results, highlighting spending trends, vendor trends.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Bridge International Academies Procurement Officer job placement should hold a relevant University Degree.
· Possession of a post graduate qualification in Purchasing and Supply Management
· At least three to five years working in a procurement role in a busy working environment. In some cases, experience may be substituted for academic or professional certifications.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to communicate complex ideas concisely
· Keen attention to details
· Good presentation skills
· Good problem solving skills
· Good planning and organizational skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy are encouraged to send their updated CVs to email@example.com with the subject line “Government Relations Manager.”
Deadline: 5th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline