Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Procurement & Logistics Coordinator
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will mainly support the West Nile procurement and will also from time to time be required to support the rest of the program procurement depending on the existing needs according to DRC/DDG set guidance and standard operating procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that there is value for money for all the procured good and services by seeing to it that all procured items are of good quality and meet the set standards.
- Ensure that the request for payments tracker and procurement table are updated and shared with field offices on weekly basis.
- The procurement officer will take lead in ensuring that contracts drafted meet the standard requirements before they are reviewed by the CPLC and consequently submitted for final approval.
- Ensure DRC rules, regulations and procurement standards are upheld in all the procurement processes
- Take part in achieving the performance objectives in the procurement and logistics sector by ensuring that 90% of the procurement are done timely.
- Offer technical support to field procurement staff.
- Help in tendering processes and identification of pre-qualified suppliers.
- In charge of the preparation for all the procurement documents according to the documents check list and submit to CPLC for review before submission for approval.
- Receive all the order request (OR) from field and update the procurement table before any procurement.
- The procurement officer will mainly be responsible for all procurement filing and ensures that all documents are filed in an orderly manner for safety and easy retrieval. All originals go to finance and copies retained in the procurement /logistics folders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Procurement Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement & Logistics Management or the equivalent.
- At least five years’ experience, preferably working in a busy organization INGO environment.
- Excellent communication in English both written and oral.
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Word skills
- Proven commitment to accountable practices.
- Previous experience of working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including;
· A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
· Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
All applications should be uploaded online at this link, Click Here
Deadline: 10th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline