Job Title: Principal Public Relations Officer
Organization: National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Director, Corporate Services
The National Agricultural Research Organisation is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for publically funded agricultural research in Uganda. The organisation is composed of the Council as its governing body, Committees of Council, a Secretariat for its day-to-day operations with semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI’s) under its policy guidance.
Job Summary: The Principal Public Relations Officer will foster the good corporate image of NARO, disseminate accurate information and educate the public on the operations and functions of NARO and enhance the public awareness and understanding of NARO activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of developing, reviewing and updating the public relations and communications policies of the organization.
- Responsible for planning, monitoring and coordinating implementation of the corporate social responsibility and the corporate social investments activities of the organization in line with the organization’s mandate.
- In charge of representing the organization at local, regional and international events to identify leaning points and engaging on the key issues identified in line with the public relations policies and procedures;
- Responsible for receiving and reviewing complaints, responding to queries, advising stakeholders and making recommendations to the Director General in line with the policy and guideline;
- Keeping close contact and watching media houses on publications/stories that may affect the reputation of the NARO
- Actively promoting the organization visibility among the public by proactively ensuring that the organization’s events and achievements attract attention and publicity in the media.
- Championing the development and maintenance of NAROs corporate brand.
- In charge of developing and disseminating public information and educational materials on NARO in line with the policies and procedures;
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a system for documenting information useful to the organization in line with the guidelines;
- In charge of developing the annual public relations and corporate communications workplan and coordinating implementations in line with the approved budget;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the NARO Principal Public Relations Officer career opportunity must be a Ugandan who possesses a good Degree in Mass communication or Public Relations options or journalism or any other closely related qualifications plus Master’s Degree in any of the above from a recognized university.
- At least nine years of working experience in Public Relations, three of which should have been served at the level of head of a Public Relations department in government or equivalent level of relevant working experience from a reputable organization.
- Competency in designing and implementing public relations strategy
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to set-up a high performing team
- Excellent interpersonal relations
- Proven ability to work and produce accurate results in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks and ability to meet timelines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Age: Below 50 years
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join NARO are encouraged to send their applications to the Director General, National Agricultural Research Organization, P.O. Box 295, Entebbe, Uganda.
The complete applications should include applications, detailed curriculum vitae giving day-time telephone contacts, names and postal/e-mail addresses and daytime telephone contact of 3 (three) referees of good standing in society as well as copies of professional certificates and testimonials.
Deadline: 7th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline