Job Title: Principal Accountant
Organization: National Council of Sports (NCS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Report to: General Secretary
National Council of Sports (NCS) is a statutory organisation that was established in 1964, to among other things; Develop, Promote and Control all forms of sports in the country.
Job Summary: The Principal Accountant will provide guidance and technical support, to the Council on proper management and accountability for the financial resources of the Council in the accordance with the financial laws.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will take charge of the Accounts Section
· Responsible for managing, controlling and accounting for the financial resources of the Council.
· Managing the development of financial accounting systems required to ensure that financial management and accounting systems are maintained.
· The incumbent will ensure that expenses are adequately budgeted and accurately coded.
· Responsible for preparing and coordinating budgets and work plans for the Council.
· Preparing books of accounts and accounting records.
· In charge of reconciling bank statements to iron out discrepancies with cash books.
· Responsible for preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to management and for audit purposes
· Preparing monthly reconciliation statements.
· Answering audit queries and mandatory inquiries whenever necessary.
· The jobholder will be preparing quarterly, half yearly and end of year trial balances.
· Responsible for planning, supervising and assessing the performance of Accounts staff.
· Enforcing adherence to financial policy, regulations and professional practices in all financial transactions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) in Commerce (Accounting option) , Business Administration (Accounting option) , Business Studies ( Accounting option) or Finance and Accounting plus, other Professional qualifications in Accounting such as ACCA, CPA, ACIS and CPE from a recognized University/Institution OR Full professional qualifications in Accounting such as ACCA, CPA, ACIS and CPE obtained from a recognized Institution that is accredited by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU), plus a Post graduate diploma in Financial Management or Business Administration from a recognized awarding Institution.
· A minimum of six years’ experience in accounting, three (3) of which must have been served at the level of Senior Accountant in Government, or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
· Good financial management skills
· Good planning skills
· Skilled in budgeting
· Good problem solving skills
· Excellent decision making skills
· Good communication skills
· Concern for quality and standards
· Ethics and Integrity
· Time management.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications accompanied with copies of academic certificates, transcripts, and a detailed CV indicating names of three referees by hand delivery to the address below;
The General Secretary,
National Council of Sports (NCS),
Lugogo Sports Complex,
P.O Box 20077 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 16th September 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline