Job Title: Public Relations Manager
Organization: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Marketing and Product Development
Housing Finance Bank was incorporated as a private company under the Companies Act in December 1967, the Bank has become a household name and has grown in leaps and bounds with a good track record among the pioneers of a mortgage lending. National Housing & Construction Corporation, a parastatal involved in real estate business has 5% shareholding and National Social Security Fund (NSSF) holds 50% and the Government of Uganda holds 45%. Today, the bank looks back with pride on the business accomplished in the mortgage lending business. Through innovation and placing emphasis on Honesty, Integrity, Efficiency and Customer care, Housing Finance Bank is the leader in the mortgage, holding a 90% market share.
Job Summary: The Public Relations Manager will coordinate the public relations, corporate communication and social responsibility activities of the bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop the annual public relations work plan and coordinate implementation in line with the approved budget.
· Organize press briefs, conferences, news releases to provide information to the general public and the bank’s key stakeholders.
· Carry out media relations management whilst ensuring accurate information sharing between providing timely responses to requests.
· Plan, monitor and coordinate implementation of the social responsibility framework in line with the ISO 26000 SR standards and principles
· Champion strategies to strengthen engagement between the bank and its key stakeholders
· Create publicity to promote the banks corporate image by proactively putting in place strategies, platforms and events that ensure band positive visibility.
· Plan and Coordinate Bank events i.e. Conferences, Business Clinics, Exhibitions, Focus group discussions, networking events.
· Edit and publish periodic customer and staff news bulletins
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head Marketing and Product Development
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Housing Finance Bank Public Relations Manager job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication , Public Relations, Marketing, Business Administration, or Related Degree from a recognized institution. Post graduate qualifications added advantage
· At least four years’ experience in public relations management at a supervisory level in a large commercial establishment
· Good understanding of current trends for a competitive marketing mix
· Ability to apply advanced research tools and techniques
· Excellent customer service and people management skills
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Good report writing and presentation skills
· Excellent market research and analysis skills
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity
· Proven editorial experience
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Banking sector are invited to send their applications including an updated CV, certified copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, and email address of both applicant, and three competent referees addressed to:
Head Human Resources, Housing Finance Bank, Plot 4 Wampewo Avenue, P. O. Box 1539, Kampala. Uganda.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted. All applicants who will not have heard from us within five weeks of closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 21st September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline