Job Title: Portfolio Manager - Cards
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Portfolio Manager - Cards will be tasked with team coordination, ensuring that processing team processes work received from the sales team well and delivers it to Barclaycard operations in good time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Portfolio management and Service: 80%
· In charge of designing and implementing key interventions to grow card usage for active cards and meet laid down growth targets.
· Formulate strategies to ensure increased activation of cards by the inactive card base.
· Provide data that will enable the sales team to drive their sales targets.
· Satisfy client’s ongoing financial planning needs identified by Portfolio MI analyst and develop strategies and plans to implement unique customer solutions as appropriate such as Loan on Card and Loan on Phone products.
· Optimize portfolio potential in conjunction with Product Manager, planning/undertaking effective marketing campaigns.
· Establish and develop card usage opportunities to meet the clients’ needs, introducing and working in conjunction with segment specialists, key among which will be Marketing.
· Optimize portfolio potential in conjunction with Sales Manager/Portfolio manager by supporting the various campaigns that the portfolio team runs with.
· Work closely with other departments to ensure smooth low of work and that customer queries are resolved in the shortest time possible.
· Customer service and complaints management
· Push Installments products, Spend Campaigns, CLM Model and Upgrades, pre approved card sales. Barclaycard Operations within the service level agreement times and sending weekly request to customer service for generation of LOP/EIP advise letters. Ensure delivery of Pre approved card application forms to CROPS.
· Generating daily reports on processing activity.
Business Management: 10%
· Ensure that targeted level of business results (i.e. income, costs, client satisfaction and client recruitment) for jobholder’s own portfolio are maintained
· Adhere to standards, legal and regulatory, in accordance with the Barclaycard guidance
Staff Management: 5%
· Implement and maintain a coaching and training programme for the Portfolio team members.
· Manage and motivate staff recognizing outstanding performance
· Lead and direct staff to achieve business objectives
Governance, Control and Risk: 5%
· Understand technical/regulatory matters affecting the business. Ultimate responsibility for the continuing compliance.
· Ensure Governance, Compliance, Risk and Control are implemented and adhered to meet Group Standards by Centre. Staff at all levels to be clear on what is expected of them. Any new regulatory or Group requirements are implemented and reviewed throughout Barclaycard in a timely fashion.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the Barclays Portfolio Manager - Cards job placement should preferably have significant experience with call centre operations preferably in the banking industry
· Knowledge of the Credit Card Industry is preferred
· People Management skills
· Communication and Presentation
· Business awareness
· Business management
· Performance management
· Resource management
· Relationship management
· Team building skills
· P C skills
· Good overall knowledge of the Card Industry
· Good understanding of Barclaycard operations and products
· A good understanding of Barclaycard’s systems, processes and procedures
· Detailed knowledge of the Bank’s telephone service standards
· A good understanding of the techniques of Performance Management
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the call centre management information systems
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
Deadline: 26th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline