Job Title: Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organization: National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO)
Duty Station: Rwebitaba ZARDI - Kyenjojo, Uganda
The National Agricultural Research Organisation is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for publically funded agricultural research in Uganda. The organisation is composed of the Council as its governing body, Committees of Council, a Secretariat for its day-to-day operations with semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI’s) under its policy guidance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish baseline information on all research programmes and projects at Institute
· Carry out regular monitoring and evaluation of research activities at the Institute to ensure quality assurance
· Document progress and achievements of each project at the Institute
· Advise researchers and management on planning, monitoring and evaluation
· Take part in the formulation of strategic management plans for the research institute, including development of annual work plans and budgets
· In charge of developing grant proposals to secure funding for conducting specific research programmes in line with the institute’s strategic management plan.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer must hold a Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Economic Policy, Development Studies, Rural Sociology, Socio Anthropology, Agricultural Marketing or Extension or any other relevant discipline from a recognized University.
· A minimum of three years of demonstrated relevant working experience in a related field
· Age: Below 50 years
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join NARO are encouraged to send their applications to the Director General, NARO, P.O. Box 295, Entebbe, Uganda.
The complete applications should include three copies of your Curriculum Vitae and one copy of certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents. The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy (Check at top of the advert). The applicants should not apply for more than three posts.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline