Job Title: Operations Manager
Organisation: Bicycles Against Poverty (BAP)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Bicycles Against Poverty utilizes bicycles to increase accessibility to critical resources, facilitate community cooperation, and build financial management skills among low income entrepreneurs. Bicycles Against Poverty (BAP) will have over 1,000 active bicycle loans and will be adding new products to our line by September.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work closely with the CEO in the formulation of the strategic periodic plans and oversee the implementation of these plans.
· Plan and coordinate all HR related activities including drafting contracts, ensuring high team morale, hiring and on-boarding processes.
· Manage the credit department and work closely with the Credit Manger to create controls, manage risk, and do spot-checks on loan appraisal, efficiency of distributions, repayments, and customer service.
· Directly manage Relationship Officers to ensure they are bringing in target numbers of new customers and are accurately training groups.
· The incumbent will lead expansion efforts through market surveys, form relationships with government and stakeholders, as well as logistics of opening office outpost.
· Carry out effective planning and budgeting for the company and ensure that the company is engaged in cost cutting measures and prudent spending according to the budget.
· Introduce new procedures and processes and ensure compliance to all operational standards, procedures and monitoring their adherence.
· Ensure efficiency and clear record keeping for supply chain and other logistics.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
· At least three years of managerial working experience in a related role.
· Self-accountability and holds others accountable for their tasks.
· Strong business intelligence
· Risk management experience
· Marketing experience a plus
· Results-driven, can carry a task full completion and expects same of team
· Experience in working and establishing structures in multicultural setting
· Flexible and nontraditional, but likes creating structure
· Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software quickly
· Willingness to travel to the field at least twice per month
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications by clicking on this link.
Please upload the following in your application; an updated CV / resume (PDF or Word Format) which should include your contact information and three work related references and a one page statement describing your suitability for the role should be included.
Deadline: 30th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline