Job Title: Office Administrator (Secretary)
Organization: Ministry of Works and Transport
Project Name: Standard Gauge Railway Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Works and Transport is spearheading the development of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) network. The SGR project is being implemented over five (5) years as a regional project with Uganda’s partner states of Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. The objective of developing the SGR network is to provide a modern, fast, reliable, efficient, and high capacity railway transport system as a seamless single railway operation.
Job Summary: The Office Administrator (Secretary) will provide administrative support and secretarial services to the assigned office(s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take dictation, transcribe and present accurate and error free work
- The Secretary will attend to callers either in person or on telephone
- The jobholder will also organize meetings, take minutes and convey decisions of such meetings to relevant offices/ officers
- Ensure timely responses to inquiries and correspondences to and from office
- Receive incoming mail and supervise dispatch of outgoing mail
- Provide office managerial services which include ensuring cleanliness and orderliness of the office, managing records in accordance with established procedure, requisitioning and managing office stationery and equipment.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Office Administrator (Secretary) should hold a Bachelor’s (Hons) Degree in Secretarial Studies, Administrative and Secretarial Science/ Office and Information Management from a recognised institution.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a Secretary or similar position in a busy public or private sector organization.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in MS Office.
- Personal Competencies: ethics and integrity, office management skills, effective communication; interpersonal skills, result orientation; computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send written applications with letters of recommendation from either the current or previous employer(s) covering the last three consecutive years of employment, copies of academic certificates & transcripts, previous and current appointment letters, curriculum vitae, and a recent passport size colour photograph.
Applications should be addressed to:-
The Project Coordinator, Standard Gauge Railway Project,
P. O. Box 27756, Kampala. Uganda
Applications should be delivered to the …New Vision Offices…
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and Canvassing or lobbying by applicants will lead to disqualification.
- Candidates who present forged documents/testimonials will be arrested and prosecuted.
- Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked with both the position applied for and duty station.
Deadline: 28th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline