Job Title: Information & Membership Services Officer
Organization: Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Information and Membership Services Executive
The Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services is the body responsible for the provision of professional training in the financial sector in Uganda. It is a body corporate limited by guarantee and offers professional and skills courses for practicing and prospective staff of financial institutions.
Job Summary: The Information & Membership Services Officer will grow Institute membership through the provision of accurate, timely and reliable information, and offering support to research services required by members, as well as the coordination of membership activities in line with the Institute.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, communicate, and follow up library collection development needs from time to time.
- Develop and maintain a proper circulation analysis system for books & serials.
- The incumbent will ensure proper functioning of ICT library.
- Provide reference services to the members/users.
- Archive library materials in line with established policy.
- Conduct annual stock taking of books in conjunction with Finance Department.
- Actively participate in the organisation of all social events of the Institute.
- Grow Institute membership.
- Regularly update the membership data base.
- The incumbent will invoice members for their annual subscriptions and ensure prompt payment/collection.
- Work closely with members and update them on all membership activities within the Institute.
- Participate in the coordination, production & distribution of Institute journals.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science from a recognised University.
- Possession of a qualification in Records Keeping is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications, along with copies of academic transcripts, detailed curriculum vitae and day-time telephone contact of three (3) competent referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
The Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services,
Plot 10 Buganda Road,
P. O. Box 4986, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 7th October, 2016 by 4:30 p.m
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline