Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Organization: John Snow, Inc (JSI)
Funding Source: US Department of State Office for Global AIDS Coordination (OGAC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Manager
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 100 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years. The JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. ID a leading public health research and consulting organization.
About DREAMS-IC Project:
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. is implementing the Dreams Innovation Challenge (DREAMS-IC) Project, funded by the US Department of State Office for Global AIDS Coordination (OGAC).
Job Summary: The M&E Manager will provide a range of M&E support for the project, implemented in 10 countries in Africa. The M&E Manager will be the point person in-country for project M&E, with a focus on M&E of grantees implementing in-country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
M&E Data Management:
· Work in close coordination with the US-based Deputy Director of M&E and Data Manager to use project-specific M&E tools and processes to track project and grantee outputs and outcomes;
· Ensure thorough familiarity with grant award M&E documents for portfolio of up to 7 grantees in-country;
· Offer support in the coordination of data collection from all DREAMS Innovation grantees;
· Provide technical assistance to grantees for timely and accurate reporting using the Salesforce database;
· Extract information from database for reports and feedback;
· Present findings, progress, goals, problems and other relevant information to Deputy Director of M&E and in regular staff calls and/or meetings.
Grantee Capacity Strengthening:
· Carry out routine data quality assessments and/or site visits with grantees and build data management capacity of sub-grantee staff;
· Actively participate in the development of M&E-related training curricula, other tools and materials for regional and in-country technical events such as assessments, workshops, trainings, etc.;
· Provide training and technical assistance to grantee staff on project database reporting requirements and procedures, and select M&E-related organizational capacity development;
· Cultivate good communication with grantee staff to ensure data submitted is timely, complete and accurate.
Reporting and Evaluation:
· Take part in project evaluation activities, including gathering feedback on grantee activities and programs from beneficiaries and stakeholders through focus groups, site visits, and M&E data;
· Assist in the preparation, review, and dissemination of project reports, results and lessons learned.
· Support coordination for project launches, workshops and meetings in-country;
· Carry out other relevant tasks as necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree (Health Information Management / Public Health Epidemiology or Statistics or similar field) preferred.
· At least four years’ experience in research, evaluation, program design, program management, advocacy, and/or health communications; experience working with multiple grantees desirable.
· Three years’ experience working on USG-funded projects, PEPFAR funding and reporting, and/or public health programs.
· Keen interest in and experience in organizational or individual capacity building and/or training.
· Previous exposure and experience in qualitative and quantitative program evaluation methods.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the HIV/AIDS epidemic desirable.
· Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to implement procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyze and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate.
· Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
· Strong time management/task prioritization skills.
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required (especially Excel)
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills. Foreign language skills preferred.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join JSI Research & Training Institute in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 5th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline