Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Project Name: Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains (REACH) project
Funding Source: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
About REACH Project:
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) has submitted a proposal for the REACH (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) project to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kampala, Uganda. The project will improve market engagement for 40,000 market oriented farmers, strengthen household resilience and increase availability of agricultural support services for farmers and businesses in the rice and potato value chains in consideration of their strategic importance to the Government of Uganda and EKN.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and learning Coordinator will monitor and evaluate progress on achieving project outcomes vs. targets, to the end of enabling management, donors and partners to make vital adjustments to maximize project effectiveness. The incumbent will be responsible for designing, and roll out the project M&E system in each region where the project operates including data collection, storage, analysis and presentation. The jobholder will also ensure the M&E system has an in-built learning component that will be ensure relevant learning products are developed to ensure continuous learning in the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator will design standard data collection and survey tools based on project needs and conduct pre-tests and adjustments for uniform comprehension
- Actively contribute to planning and execution of baseline, annual surveys, and impact evaluation studies at household level
- Ensure the accuracy data entry into the project database
- Maintain data storage and data quality
- Carry out data analysis, including creation of GPS maps
- Offer support in the development of work plans and annual reports
- Assure quality of trainings and other activities delivered by local partners and compose reports of observations and recommended actions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s preferred, preferably in Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Environmental Science, Development Studies or similar fields
- At least four years of relevant field experience in M&E in agriculture/agribusiness projects
- Proven experience in use of gender- and youth-related monitoring tools
- Previous experience with the implementation of real time data collection methodologies employing mobile phone apps and PDA’s and advantage.
- Extensive experience in survey design and data collection (key stakeholder interviews, focus groups, surveys, and secondary data analysis techniques), data management, and data analysis skills, particularly experience with MS Access, SPSS or STATA
- Prior exposure and experience in the development of learning products and their incorporation into project implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to present materials in meetings, at conferences and to write project documents (including evaluation design plans, results frameworks, data collection and data analysis plans, and progress reports)
- Ability to work well a multi-disciplinary team, good interpersonal skills, is attentive to detail
- Willingness to travel extensively in Uganda
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) should Apply Online by clicking on the link below. Follow the instructions on how to create resume and Apply.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline