Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Organisation: Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO)
Project Name: Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja Project (PACK))
Funding Source: Irish Aid
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: MEL Manager
Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO) was established as a membership organization in 1996 to provide a platform for coordination, Advocacy, resource mobilization, capacity building and information sharing among civil society AIDS service organizations (ASOs). With its secretariat in Kampala, UNASO has a membership of over 2,000 AIDS service ionizations involved in HIV& AIDS and Health work. UNASO’s vision is “A Ugandan Society free of HIV and AIDS and its impact"; while her Mission is; “to provide leadership to ASOs for collective response to HIV& AIDS and Health through effective representation, coordination and enhanced capacities.”
About PACK Project:
A Civil Society organizations’ consortium (CSO-C) with support from Irish is implementing a five-year project “Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja” (PACK); The consortium comprises of Alliance of Mayors and Municipal Leaders on HIV/AIDS in Africa (AMICAALL), National Forum of People Living with HIV Networks in Uganda (NAFOPHANU), Straight Talk Foundation (STF), The AIDS Support Organization (TASO) and Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO) was formed in 2015 in order to implement a “Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja” (PACK) Program. It’s also to test the feasibility of funding CSOs in responding to the HIV/AIDS epidemic through a grant that is for and is managed by the civil society. In the consortium, AMICAALL will strengthen capacity of municipalities and lower local government and community leaders in Karamoja while STF will provide HIV and AIDS prevention and SRH information targeting adolescents, youth and young women in the region. TASO will carry out community support engagements and NAFOPHANU will build capacity of PLHIV networks in the region and address HIV stigma and discrimination as a key barrier to utilization of services. UNASO will be the Grants Management Unit (GMU) for administering the grants and providing technical and financial management support to the consortium.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will provide comprehensive management of the PACK monitoring and evaluation system. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work closely with Consortium partners to coordinate data collection and monitoring evaluation activities. The M&E Officer will contribute to strengthening data management through improving the quality and timeliness of PACK, utilization of routine monitoring data and assisting in building the capacity of staff to effectively utilize their data.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate tracking and archiving of data from PACK Partners
- Carry out regular visits to karamoja sites to carry out process monitoring as well as gather feedback from the beneficiary community about the implemented projects and submit a detail report about the activities.
- Compile comprehensive quarterly, annual and final project evaluation reports based on information retrieved from the database and field.
- The incumbent will draft project specific M&E plans to be included in grant development and also coordinate with Consortium Program field staff to obtain field data pertinent to each indicator outlined in the project M&E plans at the post completion visit to the project site.
- Identify and document success stories and case studies on extraordinary aspects of the project.
- Carry out Broad Based Evaluation Studies on PACK grants related topics in line with the decisions made.
- Design and implement a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system including baseline, mid-term, and final assessments;
- The jobholder will also update the Performance Monitoring Plan and Performance Indicator Reference Sheets annually;
- Establish hard copy and electronic filing system (database) for each indicator; follow up with staff to ensure they are captured appropriately;
- Actively participate in the integration of monitoring data into program planning cycles and promoting evidence-based programming
- Support the development of program and research grant proposals, publications and conference presentations
- Build capacity of supervisory and frontline partner staff to collect and utilize data in operational areas through periodic meetings and mentoring visits
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in statistics, Economics, social sciences, health informatics or in related/relevant field and/or specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation
- At least three years’ experience with project Monitoring and Evaluation, Project development and proposal writing, and implementation of development-type projects.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials either by post or hand delivery addressed to the:
Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO),
Plot 190, Kiira Road. Ntinda- Kyambogo Route,
P.O. Box 27346 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For hand delivery, please deliver to the address above between 8.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
NB: Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 7th October, 2016 by 4:00 PM
NB: If you do not hear from us by 28th October, 2016, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline