Organisation: RTI International
Funding Source: USAID and DFID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
About USAID GAPP Project:
RTI is the prime contractor for USAID funded GAPP program. The goal of this seven year program is to increase participation accountability and local governance for effective service delivery. To achieve this goal, GAPP will focus on three components: (1) Support and strengthen national level government accountability institutions in their interaction with local governments; (2) Strengthen local government revenue, procurement, financial and planning systems; and (3) Strengthen civil society organizations (CSOs) and other non-state actors (NSAs) to improve voice and accountability. GAPP will work at the national level and in at least twenty-five districts in northern Uganda, the Albertine region of Bunyoro, and central Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop M&E tools for the program, as and when need arises
- Offer support in the collection and analysis of data for the project n accordance with time frames set forth in the approved AMELP including supporting teams in design and rollout of qualitative data collection techniques for documenting program outcomes such as Outcome journals and Most Significant Change
- Support the documentation of best practices and facilitate the use of such data to drive program design and decision making
- Offer technical support to strengthen staff and partners capacity in M&E&L including adaptive management
- Carry out Results and Data Quality Assessments (RQA and DQA) internally, at implementing partner sites and Local Governments for selected GAPP custom and USAID/DFID indicators
- The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist will also develop resources and tools to create, capture, organize, translate, share, and apply knowledge to speed and catalyze new innovations among staff and partners program interventions
- Coordinate, plan, and implement institutional activities relevant to tracking and documenting GAPP's Learning Agenda
- Coordinate with GAPP staff and implementing partners to strengthen systems and processes that promote and facilitate efficient learning and knowledge-sharing including building capacity of staff and partners to document new learning and changes in context
- Work in close collaboration with the M&E Manager and Technical Team Leads, assume a leadership role in identifying critical knowledge gaps and needs related to tracking key strategic risks and assumptions identified in the GAPP work plans
- Work in liaison with Technical team leads, conduct a detailed stakeholder collaboration mapping and Political
- Economy Analysis: Develop tools and formats for documenting Collaboration and Synergy and such results accruing from the same including those from intra and inter sectorial and component linkages, learnings and adaptations
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Technical lead of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this vacancy must be a graduate or hold a post-graduate degree in statistics, development studies, project planning and management, monitoring & evaluation or related field.
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in M&E&L on USAID or DFID programs
- Previous experience in data collection, statistical analysis, quantitative and qualitative research
- Broad knowledge of USAID/DFID results tracking and reporting systems,
- Prior experience in designing survey and research tools and developing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans.
- Prior experience in delivering capacity building aimed at developing local capacity especially for national and district based partners.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; attention to details is required. Flexible and able to multi-task
- Ability to develop a good working relationship with local organizations, local governments, other program partners and counterparts in order to contribute at the highest level to project deliverables
- Ability to write results briefs, knowledge products and reports
- Willingness to commit at least 50% to supporting Regional Teams, implementing partners and Local Governments
- Requires minimal supervision
- Fluency in English language
How to Apply:
All applicants should send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter to the Human Resources and Administration Manager via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails should not exceed 2MB. The applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email.
Deadline: 27th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline