Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will plan, develop and manage program performance monitoring & evaluation system, research and establish information/data base for management purposes in line with World Vision Uganda mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Carries out analysis of data, providing both descriptive and inferential statistics, as well as qualitative analysis, that will allow for an enhanced understanding of project indicators in DREAMS project. Prepare monitoring and evaluation reports documenting the findings of evaluation processes, including the impact of World Vision work within the communities.
· Compile progress reports for management decision making in line with the project implementation plan and donor requirements.
· Plan and implement a school mapping, develop tools and collect all the data on target schools and children.
· Provide information/data required to support advocacy, capacity building and partner engagement
· The jobholder will coordinate the documentation and sharing of success and impact stories during learning and reflection meetings.
· Develop knowledge management principles, procedures and standards to institute effective knowledge management systems. This includes effective use of WV partnership knowledge management systems e.g. HORIZON
· Manage the implementation of program assessments, re-designs, baselines, DIPs, semi/annual management reports, and evaluations; and provide quality reviews prior to National Office approval
· The incumbent will design and implement program impact assessments, operation research or special studies to improve programming in line with program implementation plan, WV Uganda evaluation strategy and donor regulations
· Offer technical guidance and coordinate implementation of WV Partnership and WV Uganda strategic initiatives to improve quality of DME for programs, e.g., Adoption of GIS Solutions, LQAS methodology, alignment of programs/projects to CWBT, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the World Vision Monitoring and Evaluation Officer career placement must hold a University degree in development discipline.
· At least three years of field experience in research, management, monitoring and evaluation of community-based projects.
· Good team player
· Be prepared and train partners and staff in monitoring and evaluation
· Computer literate and good knowledge of computer programs and soft ware
· Possess research skills of data collection, analysis, presentation and reporting
· Good training and facilitation skills
· Willingness to travel to the field frequently
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 18th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline