Job Title: Chief of Party
Organisation: National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA)
Project Name: MasterCard Foundation Youth Empowerment Through Agriculture (YETA).
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps businesses thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect business enterprises, highlighting the impact that economic development has in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 17 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
About MasterCard Foundation YETA Project:
NCBA CLUSA Uganda has received funding from MasterCard Foundation to reach young people in Northern and Mid - Western Uganda in the ages of 15-24 and support them to establish sustainable commercial enterprises. The project name is Youth Empowerment Through Agriculture (YETA).
Job Summary: The Chief of Party will have the responsibility for the implementation and management of the YETA program. This position ensures that the project is implemented with high quality in accordance with NCBA CLUSA’s international program management standards and with its technical approach and principles. S/he will ensure that NCBA CLUSA’s values, methodology and approaches are being uniformly implemented throughout the project. As the head administrator for the project, the Chief of Party will direct all in-country activities and will be the primary point of contact for the project donor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder acts as NCBA CLUSA’s top representative and executive in Uganda by establishing and/or maintaining excellent working relationships with donors, government officials at all levels, the private sector, the customers of the project, suppliers, bi-lateral and multi-lateral agencies, and other rural and financial development practitioners;
· Serves as the project’s main field contact point with MasterCard Foundation;
· Maintains constant communications with the home office, reporting on implementation progress and challenges encountered;
· Recruits, trains and motivates top professional talent within Uganda;
· Designs, negotiates, and executes annual project work plans;
· Oversees project monitoring, reporting and evaluation, including participating in the design of PMP and M&E system;
· Manages and develops internal controls, policies and procedures that are in-line with MasterCard Foundation and NCBA CLUSA compliance regulations, or other donor regulation as necessary;
· Supervises the management of sub-grants including overseeing the submission of their deliverables in a timely manner;
· Oversees project budget to ensure it remains on track and ensures that all financial systems are functioning properly and in compliance with NCBA CLUSA regulations;
· Provides leadership, advice, and mentoring of support staff and project partners;
· Designs, market tests, and ramps up the delivery of new and innovative farming systems, (particularly conservation farming and youth engagement) marketing strategies, and the accompanying tools;
· Provides leadership, advice, and mentoring of youth associations, credit and microfinance institutions, and cooperatives;
· Prepares project implementation and impact reports and other programming/project documents as needed for the effective oversight by head office and marketing of NCBA achievements and capabilities;
· Represents NCBA at national, international, and regional conferences and donor meetings, at request of the NCBA supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree required in Agribusiness, Economics, Business or related field, Master’s degree preferred;
· At least fifteen years’ experience in International development based in Africa; strong knowledge of local political institutions and culture:
· At least fifteen years’ experience implementing international development projects, preferably in the areas related to NCBA CLUSA’s core focus sectors: food security and agriculture, youth entrepreneurship, democracy and governance, natural resource management, cooperative development, integrated women and gender initiatives, and community-based health;
· Significant exposure and experience leading in a consortium that meets or exceeds donor required spending and deliverables deadlines;
· Proven ability to develop systems for project and program design;
· Excellent capacity to understand and manage complex budgets in relation to program implementation;
· Expert in Organization Development, Institutional Capacity Building and Agribusiness Management and Marketing;
· Excellent leadership and management skills, communication and interpersonal skills;
· Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others;
· Planning: strategic thinking and planning capacity to support five-to ten-year time organizational plans and trends in development initiatives;
· Management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities;
· Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional and strategic level;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· Strong customer orientation;
· High performance and strong team player;
· Commitment to company mission, vision, principles, and values;
· Strong negotiation skills;
· Knowledge of geographic region;
· Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the NCBA CLUSA in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to visit the link below to Apply.
Deadline: 31st October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline