Organisation: Agency for Cooperation and Research in Development (ACORD)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Country Director: Project Coordinator
Agency for Cooperation and Research in Development (ACORD) is a Pan African Non-Government Organization working for social justice and long term development in 18 countries in Africa. In Uganda, ACORD has its activities in more than 20 districts.
Job Summary: The Marketing & Social Business Development Officer will be tasked with the identification of our mission to create sustainable access to clean drinking water at a household level in rural Uganda and who is willing and able to operate on the crossroads of business and development work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will implement a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and clearly communicate the WADI’s value proposition.
- Source and coordinate the promotion of advocacy, testimonials and support of the WADI amongst opinions leaders both at a local and a national level.
- The jobholder will coordinate the final appearance of all print and electronic materials such as use of logo by external constituencies, information brochures, radio and print ads etc.
- Support market-creating activities in the target constituencies aimed at developing go to market business models for BoP consumers that include NGOs, local saving groups, and mirco-entrepreneurs.
- Responsible for the dissemination of marketing and communications materials to target customer segment, partner-organizations, social media channels and external constituencies.
- Develop and coordinate media interest in the organizations product and activities in Uganda and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Carry out relevant market assessment on competitors products and activities and monitor and evaluate trends amongst consumers and society that relate to Helioz' goals in Uganda.
- The incumbent will act as a catalyst and initiator of new business opportunities through independent scouting for new partnerships.
- Prepare proposals for management to get support to pursue these new opportunities and successfully launch and support their realization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in either/and/or Marketing, Business, Development Studies or any other related educational background.
- Prior experience in a similar job, ideally with a B2B and B2C background and/or experience in dealing with NGOs and NPOs in the development sector.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication, knowledge of local language is considered an advantage.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the Ugandan BoP consumers needs, mind set and capabilities as well as the capacity to negotiate tactfully and respectfully around related constraints
- Remaining calm under adverse conditions as well as maintaining superior negotiation an persuasion skills while promoting and defending the organisations value proposition and business strategy vis-i-vis stakeholders i and external constituencies
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of and ability to address cultural diversity and its implication on execution strategy.
- Customer orientation and experience in customer i relationship management and in cooperation with NGOs to bring outside-in strategy perspectives and to focus the company’s value proposition.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs, names of three work-related referees and applicant’s day-time telephone contact should be sent by post to: The Country Director, ACORD Uganda, P.O. Box 280 Kampala, Uganda; or hand delivered to ACORD Office on Plot 1272, Ggaba Road next to Quality Cuts.
Deadline: 7th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline