Job Title: Marketing & Sales Manager
Organisation: Uganda Development Corporation (UDC)
Project Name: Soroti Fruit Factory (SOFTE)
Duty Station: Soroti, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager/ Chief Executive Officer
Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) has been revived as an investment arm through which Government will invest in strategic Sectors of the economy in partnership with the private sector to trigger industrial and economic development of the country. The mandate of UDC is to promote and facilitate the industrial and economic development of Uganda. One of the current projects UDC is implementing is the Soroti Fruit factory (SOFTE).
Job Summary: The Marketing & Sales Manager will be the lead person in the implementation of the Marketing and Sales Strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of supervising, coordinating and appraising the performance of the marketing team
- Ensuring that periodical market research activities are undertaken on fruit juice market in order to develop and maintain an appropriate product mix and marketing strategies
- Putting in place a pricing strategy that will ensure effective penetration in the targeted markets and maximum profits for the company;
- Organizing and managing the launch the SOFTE plant and brand on the market;
- In charge of promoting and positing SOFTE brand on the market;
- Managing a distribution strategy that will ensure effective penetration of SOFTE brand and products in the targeted markets;
- Responsible for formulating and implementing an effective export marketing strategy
- Maintaining good public and media relations by winning the support of media institutions, media managers and reporters;
- Ensuring that SOFTE teams offer good customer service throughout all business interaction with customers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Masters Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related degree
- Professional membership qualification e.g. Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a Marketing or Sales Manager in a First Moving Consumer Goods organization.
- Should be result oriented, team player with a high degree of professionalism.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficiency in relevant computer packages.
- Good leadership skills.
- Age: Above 30 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
Uganda Development Corporation,
Floor 5, Soliz House,
Plot 23 Lumumba Avenue,
P. O. Box 7042 Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 7th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline