Job Title: Managing Director
Organization: PowerFM (104.1)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu. Power FM is a radio station owned by the Watoto Church.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall leadership to the implementation of the Power FM Strategic Plan
- Identifies and implements approaches that will extend the reach and impact of Power FM products, Services and projects in line with the Strategic Plan.
- Ensures a robust governance framework, spearheading the development of standard operating procedures and manuals.
- The jobholder ensures compliance to all Legal and Statutory requirements
- Enhances interaction between the Board and the Management of Power FM
- Plans and manages finances for specific activities which support strategy development in line with set procedures and standards
- Develops, monitors the Power FM budget and ensures proper collection, management of revenue
- Actively identifies opportunities for staff learning and development (attendance at training courses, self-directed learning and cross-team working) and Provides mentoring and coaching of team and others as needed
- The Managing Director attracts, develops, retains talented Human Resources, develops an effective organization structure
- Provides effective line support for staff managed in line with PFM/Ministry brand and values
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Managing Director Power FM should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any Business-related field with a minimum of a Post Graduate in Management or Master in Business Administration.
- A minimum of seven years’ management experience in a reputable organisation especially in the areas of Sales & Marketing
- Prior mass media management or media house experience is an additional advantage
- Proficiency in budgeting, monitoring & evaluation, Communication and Organising
- Keen attention to detail
- Good co-ordination skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work with people from different backgrounds
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send one merged PDF with a cover letter, academic documents and CV ( not more than 6 pages, less than 20MB) a cell recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Managing Director Candidate - First Name, Last Name).
Deadline: 30th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline