Job Title: Manager Transport
Organisation: Movit Products Limited (MPL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Operations & Administration
Movit Products Limited (MPL) is a leading Quality Cosmetics Manufacturer in Africa with operations in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan. Movit Products Limited manufactures Skin and Hair products.
Job Summary: The Manager Transport will primarily be responsible for all the transport/ fleet operations including planning for all business transport, servicing of the company fleet, managing all mechanical obligations, fuel and managing a large team of external and internal transport services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Formulate and facilitate the implementation of policies, procedures and transport standards across the operations of the business;
· Responsible for the planning, executing, and managing the day-to- day operations of the Transport Department;
· Responsible for managing the inventory, budget, ERP management aspects for the transport department;
· Develop procedures and follow-up on implementation of all legal and logistical requirements for ensuring logistical efficiency for the company fleet; and
· Perform any other duties as may be assignment by Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Movit Products Limited (MPL) Manager Transport vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Transport and Logistics Management or its equivalent qualification;
· Possession of a post graduate qualification in Fleet Management will be an added advantage;
· At least five years’ experience in roles of managing a large transport department for a large organization;
· Proven ability to operate effectively in a high volume service driven transport operation;
· Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting environment, multi-task, work under pressure, and remain sensitive to meeting deadlines;
· Good appreciation and knowledge of key road safety rules and regulations in the region; and
· Broad knowledge and understanding of all relevant legal compliance and fleet controls.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the above specifications should send an application form, download here, with an updated Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic transcripts via E-mail to:
The Head of Human Resources,
Movit Products Limited,
P.O. Box 27109 Kampala, Uganda or
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Not more than 1.5 MBs)
Deadline: 19th September 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline