Job Title: Manager, Procurement & Logistics
Organisation: BRAC International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Country Representative
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work closely with departments and Program heads to establish transparency, fairness & Integrity in all procurements.
· Build and strengthen relationships with suppliers to negotiate best prices for the organization.
· Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing and distributing goods and services and maintaining stock levels
· The jobholder will procure quality goods and services from enlisted suppliers efficiently.
· Ensure that all the yearly procurement plans are followed and all program requisitions are procured.
· Ensure that all the vehicles are in good condition and all store records maintained well.
· Preserve and ensure necessary documentation for audit trail and overview of the logistics.
· Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Manager, Procurement & Logistics job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement & Logistics or Procurement & Supply Chain Management from a reputable institution
· Professional qualification in CIPS is added advantage.
· At least five years of procurement experience in a managerial position.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Good at networking, sound business instincts, strong negotiation and financial analysis skills.
· Good understanding of supply chain management procedures and strategic planning abilities
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae not scanned (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least two professional referees in Ms. Office Word Document) and all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents. They should all be merged into one PDF file. In total, there must only be two attachments sent to email@example.com.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline