Job Title: Manager Control, Enabler Functions
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18803
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Manager Control, Enabler Functions will support Stanbic Bank in the following;
- Risk Monitoring: Manage/ Supervise Routine efforts to provide assurance on adherence to compliance standards, operational and reputational risks mitigation deployments –making use of both the preventive and detective approaches.
- Risk Reporting: Collating all the necessary information and offering necessary support for resolution
- Establish and maintain the necessary control processes and escalation paths to adequately control the processes and functions supported within PBB and CIB business lines in-country
- Mitigate operational risk through implementing a number of control and monitoring processes i.e. end to end control framework for the “other” Head Office functions
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of coordinating the design of monitoring Checklists which will be used as a mechanism for monitoring, assessing and reporting operational risk in the area of control
- Ensures the adoption and execution of the compliance standards within the assigned Enabler area of concern
- Ensuring the control /operational framework (KRIs, RCSAs and CODAC) is adhered to in the area of concern.
- The incumbent will assess the risks faced by Head Office functions and provide effective loss management and a loss control/prevention avenues
- The jobholder will partner with the identified Enabler- management to form a part of their strategy
- Provide direction, oversight and execution of the control standards in Business
- Oversee a culture of holistic and integrated risk management by establishing control practices anchored on our procedures - across the area of concern- study all incidents emanating from this span of control and ensure non-re occurrence of the same.
- Work in liaison with the Manager Routine Monitoring to ensure that valid support in the training of the Routine Monitoring Officers to enable them come to speed on internal control dynamics
- Managing the execution of mini-audits / spot checks in the Enabler area of concern with the aim of cleaning up and passing Audits.
- Identify knowledge/skills gaps and work with the Line Manager and HR Business Partners to recommend appropriate interventions
- Actively participate actively in the closure of Audit findings in the Business area
- Establishes and maintains the Mission Critical Processes (MCP), sub-processes and underlying controls needed to effectively manage control in the areas of coverage
- Implements the group robust and scalable Business Operating Model to support the management oversight of all control processes in-country. This will include: detection of control failures with suitable Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and failure remediation. Working with operational control teams in the region and ensure lessons learnt are shared.
- Implementation of solutions to reduce, mitigate or remove risk;
- Maintenance of robust reporting mechanisms for risk and performance indicators, exceptions, trends, operational incidents and executive status reporting.
- Perform any duties as assigned by the Head Internal Control
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Manager Control, Enabler Functions job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Possession of professional accounting qualifications i.e. ACCA or CPA will be an added advantage
- At least three years’ work experience in a Control / Audit environment
- Three years of supervisory or managerial experience
- Broad understanding and knowledge of the Banks’ policies, procedures and practices
- Understanding of the branch network and interface between frontline service, responsive sales and support functions
- Working knowledge of transaction processes relevant to products and services offered to customers
- Working knowledge of the Bank's operating systems and controls
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and abilities
- Good decision making skills
- Good problem solving skills
- People management skills
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Good change management skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Stakeholder management
- Hold a Valid driver's license
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 11th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline