Job Title: Manager Contracts –Monitoring & Evaluation
Organisation: Biogas Solutions Uganda Ltd (BSUL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Biogas Solutions Uganda Ltd (BSUL) is a private company limited by guarantee established in Uganda with the objective to formulate, develop and set in motion strategies, policies, plans, measures, systems and approaches that support the private sector led biogas programme aimed at sustainable improvement of the livelihoods of rural and peri-urban households in Uganda. BSUL is the national implementing agency for the ABPPII programme, which is jointly managed by HIVOS and SNV. The program is implemented in four other African countries.
Job Summary: The Manager Contracts –Monitoring & Evaluation will tasked with ensuring competitive sourcing of competent /high quality local service providers, consultants and other suppliers of all the company’s (sub) contracted assignments. The jobholder will also set up and implement a comprehensive M&E system to track biogas sector development activities and results. S/he will closely work with other team members to develop the company, its mission, brand and biogas sector support programmes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Carry out competitive survey to develop a database of potential energy service providers.
· Support fellow colleagues with development of terms of reference and quotations /estimates for developing tenders.
· The incumbent will source, negotiate and select the best proposal taking into consideration quality, price, terms, and relationships with service providers, suppliers and sub- contractors.
· Manage and follow up on the service provision contracts.
· Coordinate with service providers to ensure complete, correct and on- time delivery.
· The jobholder will also prepare service delivery / assignment reports.
· Develop & implement the company’s M&E strategy and implementation of the related activities.
· Provide timely and relevant information to the management team, company financiers and collaborative / implementing partners.
· Ensure close communication with fellow colleagues and collaborative partners in M&E design, coordination and implementation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a BA in Business Development, Environmental Economics, Sociology or related discipline.
· At least five years of relevant working experience in project Management monitoring and evaluation, service provision contract /procurement and management.
· Previous experience in negotiations, and M&E in climate smart energy programmes a plus.
· Strong network in the Uganda energy sector a plus.
· Demonstrate strong networking & negotiation skills; strong analytical & quantitative skills (metrics based); stakeholder facilitation & management; project management & time management; customer centric approach; work autonomously with limited direction.
· Strong team player; with the ability to take the lead;
· Affinity with pro- poor social issues and insight into rural communities;
· Strong creative judgement and critical thinking ability;
· Influential & interpersonal skills
· Result-oriented; passion ; initiative; high level of integrity.
· Strong network in the private sector (Renewable Energy /Agriculture and or other relevant sub-sectors) in Uganda.
· Willingness to work intensively
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application, CV, letter of motivation and names and contacts of two professional referees to POmach@snvworld.org with reference: BSUL M&E.
Deadline: 30th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline