Job Title: M&E Associate
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior M&E Advisor
Job ID: 13-9218
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The M&E Associate will be responsible for strengthening the TB management information systems at health units and Divisions in Kampala City.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure availability of all the necessary TB data recording and reporting tools and guidelines at Kampala health facilities providing TB services.
- Strengthen systems to collect and manage all necessary information, from both routine reporting as well as from ad-hoc data collection efforts and special studies to be used by project staff to guide target setting, changes in strategies, and decision-making.
- Work closely with KCCA Department of Public Health and Environment (DPHE) to train and mentor service providers in Kampala in TB data recording, collection, management, analysis, reporting and utilization.
- Work closely with KCCA DPHE to conduct regular data quality audits for all TB data reported by the service providers in Kampala.
- Support TB service providers in Kampala to ensure timely completion and submission of their quarterly reports to KCCA and subsequently to the MoH Resource Centre and NTLP.
- Support and participate in surveillance and performance related activities organized by KCCA Department of Public Health and Environment.
- Support KCCA DPHE and DTLSs to track and monitor TB performance in Kampala and Divisions and document and share successes and experiences at various fora.
- Carry out all appropriate analyses, including the use of complimentary data sets and secondary analyses, and to project staff in decision-making.
- Additional responsibilities of M&E and similar nature may be assigned from time to time in consultation with the job holder.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Management Sciences for Health (MSH) M&E Associate career placement must hold a University degree in public health/ statistics/ economics
- A minimum of three years’ experience in health sector/monitoring
- Knowledge in Statistical packages: STATA, SPSS, Ms. Excel
- Supervisory and mentorship skills
- Previous experience in working with and supporting health facilities and community health workers
- Keen attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Ability to meet required deadlines in a fast-paced teamwork-focused environment
- Experience in PEPFAR/USAID funded programs.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline