Job Title: Logistics Officer
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Coordinator Supply Chain Management and Operations Manager
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the Inteyears'onal Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer will provide supply chain management support to the South Sudanese Refugees Emergency Operations for URCS Response Actions and Projects in Bidi Bidi resettlement site.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will support the field team in procuring, storing and distributing goods and services and maintain stock levels
- Ensure that all vehicles in the operational areas are in good condition and all stores records are well maintained
- Preserve and maintain necessary documentation for audit and logistics use
- Identify and manage risks within the supply chain at field level
- Actively participate in the tendering process including preparation of tender documents relating to construction materials and equipment
- Prepare procurement plans in conjunction with relevant sectors.
- Ensure that procurement status reports are up to date at all times and are shared appropriately
- Ensure that all records including inventory lists of URCS items and equipment are updated and easily available to authorized users
- Ensure the functionality of URCS fleet of vehicles and equipment to support program implementation
- Ensure proper vehicle and other equipment utilization, maintenance, fuel consumption and monitoring and controls systems as per URCS policies and procedures
- Provide timely, accurate stock and inventory reports for Management information and donor reporting purposes
- Ensure that the periodic inventory reports are prepared as required internally by URCS and/or by donors.
- Provide timely advice and technical support on logistics issues to other functions within the field
- Support, train and develop the capacity of staff as required, on logistics procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society Logistics Officer career placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in procurement
- Possession of a Post graduate qualification in Logistics, Purchasing and Supplies is an added advantage
- At least three years' working experience in Logistics department
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Good team leader
- Organised and a good planner with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Significant understanding of complex emergencies
- Broad knowledge and understanding of various donors requirements
- Excellent working skills with Microsoft Office and a database package.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 23rd September 2016 by 5.00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline