Job Title: Logistics Officer
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About Mercy Corps:
Mercy Corps is an International NGO that exists to alleviate poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps has been fully registered in Uganda as an operational NGO. Currently Mercy Corps has an office in Kampala and is implementing Food Security programs which comprise of Water and Sanitation, Livelihood and Agriculture and Conflict Mitigation Management Program in North and North Eastern Uganda. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer will coordinate asset management, fleet management and warehouse management functions for the Mercy Corps Kampala office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with program in terms of materials distribution planning.
- Make schedule of deliveries to project sites in coordination with the warehouse assistant and program departments.
- Coordinate receipt of materials/tools/equipment with procurement in a timely manner as not to delay procurement, warehousing and program activities.
- Ensure quality of materials/equipment and tools as per the sample provided by the vendors to operations “procurement” department.
- Daily plan drivers for Kampala office.
- Ensure Mercy Corps Warehousing policies are in place and make sure donor regulations are implemented over commodities received from procurement.
- Support warehouse assistant in making daily commodity movement, tracking, receipt, delivery and recording is done properly and timely manner.
- Support warehouse assistant in weekly and monthly warehousing reports.
- Estimation and calculation of the required space for stocking.
- Preparation of cargos to other field offices and project sites.
- Daily administrative activities of the MC transport pool. Specifically, driver/vehicle scheduling, tracking log books, routine and major maintenance of the transport pool;
- Assist, as required, in the weekly and monthly financial and activity reports and verifying accuracy;
- Offer support in identifying needs and weaknesses of the transport pool;
- Interact with transport contractors, in coordination with the Procurement Officer and Operations Director;
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to MC standards.
- In charge of the maintenance of vehicle files.
- Oversight of vehicle rental calendar with rental agency including ensuring monthly spreadsheet for rentals is accurate.
- Assist and facilitate any import/export activities.
- Regularly monitor spending on fuel station contract in coordination with Transportation Department.
- Daily coordination of MC logistical and transport activities;
- The incumbent will act as Asset Controller for MC Uganda
- In charge of the maintenance a computerized asset database of all assets belonging to Mercy Corps Uganda program (includes coordination with finance department).
- Offer support in the implementation of asset tracking system including use of asset tags, movement of assets and upkeep of an asset register.
- Making of asset MC System as it could be centralized through main office Kampala.
- All other activities as assigned o ensure the smooth logistics operation;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Uganda.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Logistics Officer job opportunity should a Degree in a relevant business field is desired.
- At least three to five years of experience in large scale Logistics operation;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills. High computer skills on MS Office programs.
- Proven ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Assets, Transport, property ethics and donor compliance is essential.
How to Apply:
All prospective Ugandans who wish to join Mercy Corps are encouraged to send their applications via email including a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Kampala Head Office on 4th Floor Embassy Plaza, Plot 1188-1190 Ggaba Road.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline