Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Organization: National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Logistics Supervisor
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself to be the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. Our belief at the Fund is that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the business and each employee is expected to take pride in being a member of the team. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of choice, providing exceptional customer service with a workforce that is well motivated and skilled, we are looking to recruit individuals with high integrity, dedication and commitment for the vacant position mentioned below.
Job Summary: The Logistics Assistant will drive fund cars and transport staff and property. The incumbent will also provide logistical support in delivery of welfare services to Head Office staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Transport fund staff and other assets to approved destinations
· Ensure the security and safety of fund cars and accessories
· Account for allocated fuel
· The jobholder will ensure log books are accurately filled in.
· Early reporting of faults and repairs.
· Ensure vehicles are washed and clean.
· Carryout service in the set mileage.
· Physical inspection of vehicles and ensure vehicles are in good mechanical condition.
· Follow-up motor vehicle maintenance schedules.
· In charge of the delivery of parcels and mails.
· Establish liaisons with fund motor vehicle maintenance providers and other public partners e.g. police, URA, Insurance.
· Carry field rescues and accident site salvage
· Gather accident related information
· The incumbent will inspect and report faulty office equipment
· Supervise office cleanliness
· Supervise the provision of staff welfare services (tea and drinking water) to staff at the Head Office.
· Make routine and ad hoc reports to supervisors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the NSSF Logistics Assistant vacancy must hold an Ordinary Level Certificate/UCE Certificate
· Hold a valid Driver’s permit
· A minimum of three years’ driving experience preferably with one year in a busy corporate organisation.
· Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
· High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Good computer skills.
· Driving skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send copies of application letters, detailed CVs and academic credentials addressed to the Ag. Head of Human Resources & Administration, and delivered to the Registry on 13th Floor Workers House for registration and onward transmission.
NB: Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Deadline: 23rd September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline