Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Livelihood & Gender Officer
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Livelihood & Gender Assistant will be responsible for the day to day operations in the beneficiary communities of Arua/ Rhino camp as outlined by the Livelihood & Gender Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination / Representation: Build and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders in Local Governments, Private Sector and CSOs in order to facilitate the development of economic opportunities and increased incomes for the targeted beneficiaries.
- Project implementation and reporting:
- Actively contribute in the development of Project Plans/Budgets and Livelihood funding proposals.
- Promote Environment and Gender-Sensitive Livelihoods programming.
- Ensure efficient and Effective program implementation.
- Assist in meetings and trainings with stake holders and target groups at the District and Sub Counties.
- Regular data collection and monitoring and evaluation of program activities as directed by the Livelihood & Gender Officer.
- Responsible for the implementation of livelihood & Gender activities for EVIs and other needs identification exercise and follow up.
- Contribute to the central objective of Achieving the key Project Objective of enhancing Self Reliance.
- Participate in the Program operational and long term planning.
- Participate in Farmers capacity building trainings.
- In charge of the mobilization of Farmer groups,
- Link farmers with potential market opportunities.
- Organizing farmers’ field days/exchange visits.
- Setting technical demonstration plots (TDS) for farmers.
- Manages the day-to-day livelihood activities, including activity finances while bearing in mind DRC’s/Donor financial regulations.
- With support from his/her Supervisor, draw work plans/Budgets.
- Monitor and document DRC’s livelihood activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Livelihood & Gender Assistant career placement should hold a Degree in Agro-business Management, Enterprise Management, business development or other related field with in depth understanding of rural poverty and vulnerability issues
- One year of work experience in similar position.
- Excellent knowledge in preparing major international donor reports.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Echo, EU donors.
- Possess strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices.
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including;
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
- Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “Livelihood & Gender Assistant.”
Deadline: 19th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline