Job Title: Laboratory Assistant
Organisation: National Drug Authority (NDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206 , Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate Human and Veterinary Medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products through the regulation and control of their production, importation, distribution and use.
Job Summary: The Laboratory Assistant will prepare laboratory reagents, clean laboratory premises and equipment and take custody of laboratory samples and supplies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and label reagent solutions and buffer solutions for use in the daily testing of samples.
- Clean the laboratory premises and ensures that the place is clean at all times.
- De-dust laboratory equipment and work top benches daily
- Distil water daily for use in the testing of samples and ensure availability of HPLC water for use.
- Maintain clean glassware and avail them for use by the Laboratory Technicians and Drug Quality Analysts.
- Safely dispose of solid and liquid waste generated in the laboratory.
- Participate in the orderly placement and proper storage of retained samples in the retained sample store.
- Prepare weekly reports and send them to the supervisor.
- Assist in inventory management of chemical reference substances, chemicals, reagents and laboratory consumables.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Diploma in Laboratory Technology (Chemistry) or equivalent.
- Additional training in Good laboratory practices (GLP) and/ or ISO 17025.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar job in a reputable laboratory.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Microsoft office, Word and Excel
- High Integrity Gentle and careful
- Good team player
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills
- Good judgment
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their handwritten application letters with a detailed CV and copies of academic certificates and transcripts, contact addresses and day time telephone numbers of three (3) work related referees; should be submitted to:
Head of Human Resource & Administration,
National Drug Authority,
Plot 46-48 Lumumba Avenue,
P.O. Box 23096, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 21st October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline