Job Title: Program/ Executive Assistant
Organisation: Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO)
Project Name: Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja Project (PACK))
Funding Source: Irish Aid
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO) was established as a membership organization in 1996 to provide a platform for coordination, Advocacy, resource mobilization, capacity building and information sharing among civil society AIDS service organizations (ASOs). With its secretariat in Kampala, UNASO has a membership of over 2,000 AIDS service ionizations involved in HIV& AIDS and Health work. UNASO’s vision is “A Ugandan Society free of HIV and AIDS and its impact"; while her Mission is; “to provide leadership to ASOs for collective response to HIV& AIDS and Health through effective representation, coordination and enhanced capacities.”
About PACK Project:
A Civil Society organizations’ consortium (CSO-C) with support from Irish is implementing a five-year project “Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja” (PACK); The consortium comprises of Alliance of Mayors and Municipal Leaders on HIV/AIDS in Africa (AMICAALL), National Forum of People Living with HIV Networks in Uganda (NAFOPHANU), Straight Talk Foundation (STF), The AIDS Support Organization (TASO) and Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO) was formed in 2015 in order to implement a “Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja” (PACK) Program. It’s also to test the feasibility of funding CSOs in responding to the HIV/AIDS epidemic through a grant that is for and is managed by the civil society. In the consortium, AMICAALL will strengthen capacity of municipalities and lower local government and community leaders in Karamoja while STF will provide HIV and AIDS prevention and SRH information targeting adolescents, youth and young women in the region. TASO will carry out community support engagements and NAFOPHANU will build capacity of PLHIV networks in the region and address HIV stigma and discrimination as a key barrier to utilization of services. UNASO will be the Grants Management Unit (GMU) for administering the grants and providing technical and financial management support to the consortium.
Job Summary: The Program/ Executive Assistant will provide support to the Executive Director to enhance the effective running of UNASO through efficient operation of the office; internal management systems, procedures and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Analyze Information with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will manage visitors, subscriber members and partners databases with functional emailing serve list and telephone contacts
- Offer clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing: photocopying, mail distribution & filing and copying to management: Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, and forms. Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system, Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence; reports, drafts, memos and emails, answer calls regarding their inquiries.
- The incumbent will run UNASO’s errands to post office, Coordinate and maintain records for staff, office space, phones, UNASO credit cards and office keys
- Screen calls; manage UNASO calendars, make travel, meeting and event arrangements, board, management and staff, and carry out customer relations.
- Ensure a functional HR system at UNASO; Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintain employee records and tasks involved with hiring employees.
- Offer support in the day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties;
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Program/ Executive Assistant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Office Management, Hospitality, secretarial studies or any other related field from a recognized institution
- At least three years’ experience in related work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with
- Strong organizational reporting
- Broad knowledge and hands on experience of HRIS and HRMS and
- Customer care/public relations skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials either by post or hand delivery addressed to the:
Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO),
Plot 190, Kiira Road. Ntinda- Kyambogo Route,
P.O. Box 27346 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For hand delivery, please deliver to the address above between 8.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
NB: Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 7th October, 2016 by 4:00 PM
NB: If you do not hear from us by 28th October, 2016, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline