Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Officer
Organisation: Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO)
Project Name: Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja Project (PACK))
Funding Source: Irish Aid
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: MEL Manager
Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO) was established as a membership organization in 1996 to provide a platform for coordination, Advocacy, resource mobilization, capacity building and information sharing among civil society AIDS service organizations (ASOs). With its secretariat in Kampala, UNASO has a membership of over 2,000 AIDS service ionizations involved in HIV& AIDS and Health work. UNASO’s vision is “A Ugandan Society free of HIV and AIDS and its impact"; while her Mission is; “to provide leadership to ASOs for collective response to HIV& AIDS and Health through effective representation, coordination and enhanced capacities.”
About PACK Project:
A Civil Society organizations’ consortium (CSO-C) with support from Irish is implementing a five-year project “Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja” (PACK); The consortium comprises of Alliance of Mayors and Municipal Leaders on HIV/AIDS in Africa (AMICAALL), National Forum of People Living with HIV Networks in Uganda (NAFOPHANU), Straight Talk Foundation (STF), The AIDS Support Organization (TASO) and Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO) was formed in 2015 in order to implement a “Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja” (PACK) Program. It’s also to test the feasibility of funding CSOs in responding to the HIV/AIDS epidemic through a grant that is for and is managed by the civil society. In the consortium, AMICAALL will strengthen capacity of municipalities and lower local government and community leaders in Karamoja while STF will provide HIV and AIDS prevention and SRH information targeting adolescents, youth and young women in the region. TASO will carry out community support engagements and NAFOPHANU will build capacity of PLHIV networks in the region and address HIV stigma and discrimination as a key barrier to utilization of services. UNASO will be the Grants Management Unit (GMU) for administering the grants and providing technical and financial management support to the consortium.
Job Summary: The Information Technology (IT) Officer will provide overall support in the implementation of Information Technology strategies in UNASO operations. The IT technical officer will monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of UNASO including; software - systems development, including design and programming; strategic information technology planning - investigation of long-term needs of UNASO and formulation of long-term strategies for information technology developments; capacity planning and data base administration - design of data base (identification of requirements), specification of use and sharing of data, formulation of integrity and security requirements and maintenance of a fully integrated data- base; and communications - systems design, development and implementation of communication networks employing appropriate communication standards for exchange of information incorporating data and voice-( on line reporting)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will serve as the primary point of contact for IT related issues in the use of computers, software and other communication equipment and Advise and instruct staff (users) on IT best practices, internet and e-mail usage and appropriate course of action where problems are encountered.
- The incumbent will install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems to support efficient on line reporting
- Carry out Database/Networking/ Internet;
- Monitor UNASO WAN for problems,
- Troubleshoot internet issues in liaison with the relevant ISP.
- Support administration of servers and server clusters
- Plan and support network and computing infrastructure to enable on line reporting
- Carry out troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems
- Manage software and network security;
- Monitor bandwidth utilization amongst the offices and users and Support the M&E evaluation team in data management.
- Antivirus & Security;
- Perform backups as scheduled and ensure data integrity
- Configure and update antivirus
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email, and anti-virus, anti-spam
- Monitor and configure Microtik to ensure optimal utilization of internet in the office,
- Maintain System; Continually perform preventative maintenance as scheduled, with system upgrades and rollouts, and support administration of users, access controls and computers and maintain operating systems, internet and email systems.
- On-job training; staff on the new roll-outs and IT policy and Build capacity with Field IT focal Persons
- Prepare and submit a comprehensive technical monthly report of the IT occurrences
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, information and communications technology, computer science or other related field from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of four years’ experience working in an IT support environment and in- depth knowledge of Microsoft, Linux and Cisco technologies
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials either by post or hand delivery addressed to the:
Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO),
Plot 190, Kiira Road. Ntinda- Kyambogo Route,
P.O. Box 27346 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For hand delivery, please deliver to the address above between 8.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
NB: Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 7th October, 2016 by 4:00 PM
NB: If you do not hear from us by 28th October, 2016, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline