Job Title: Information Technology Services Manager
Organization: National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Information Technology
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself to be the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. Our belief at the Fund is that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the business and each employee is expected to take pride in being a member of the team. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of choice, providing exceptional customer service with a workforce that is well motivated and skilled, we are looking to recruit individuals with high integrity, dedication and commitment for the vacant position mentioned below.
Job Summary: The Information Technology Services Manager will be in charge of the computer systems within the FUND, overseeing installation, ensuring personal computers, Laptops and other IT equipment operate efficiently and effectively, purchasing hardware and software, contributing to the organizational policy regarding quality standards and strategic planning.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing hardware and software maintenance e.g installing hardware, sorting out computer breakdowns, monitoring performance of machines and software, installing virus protection systems on computers.
- In charge of distributing computer resources like PCs, UPS to users
- Ensuring that the computer resources are insured.
- Responsible for preparing specifications for the procurement of IT resources.
- Maintaining the hardware inventory.
- In charge of reviewing quality and time of IT support services;
- Ensuring smooth running of all IT systems.
- In charge of monitoring IT support services and obtaining feedback from users in other departments.
- Receiving and attending to user queries and requests with regards hardware and software.
- Analyzing typical user queries and requests and provide training on those issues;
- Carrying out research on best practice, changes in technology and the organization’s needs and prepare a report on IT training needs of the Organization.
- Training in-house users on use of computers and software systems used by NSSF.
- In charge of monitoring and managing supplier performance to ensure compliance with Service level agreements. Ensuring service levels agreements are valid and up to date.
- Inspecting and reviewing work done by subordinates.
- Coaching, mentoring, and carrying out performance appraisals and reviews of junior staff within the section.
- Preparing reports on the status of software and hardware systems of the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the NSSF Information Technology Services Manager job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer related field.
- At least four years in IT Services in a busy organization. At least two years of these should be in supervisory capacity.
- Supervisory/managerial skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- People management/interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Basic financial skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send copies of application letters, detailed CVs and academic credentials addressed to the Ag. Head of Human Resources & Administration, and delivered to the Registry on 13th Floor Workers House for registration and onward transmission.
NB: Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Deadline: 30th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline