Job Title: Humanitarian Coordinator
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Report to: Country Director
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based Danish INGO working closely with church-based as well as secular NGOs in Uganda and in the Great Lakes region. Their programmes cover two main areas: Active Citizenship with a strong focus on good governance and democratization, and Food Security including Humanitarian and Transitional Responses to conflict and natural disaster. DanChurchAid has supported emergency relief and development programmes in Uganda since 1979. DanChurchAid works through partners and with a gender-inclusive rights-based approach, which is mainstreamed throughout all DanChurchAid programme types as well as within the organization.
Job Summary: The Humanitarian Coordinator will oversee and take lead of DCA’s humanitarian activities in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide management oversight for the DCA office in Yumbe Staff management of at least 6 staff (program and administration)
- In charge of program development and delivery of services. Using the existing secured funds, this position will design and lead the implementation of DCA’s first phase response with local partners, including assistance on needs assessment and program design.
- Roll-out the DCA e-food project involving the use of electronic voucher and mobile technology for cash transfers
- Support on coordination within ACT Uganda Forum members in Yumbe
- Serve as a donor liaison and representation in all relevant local fora in Yumbe, Adjumani, and Arua.
- Fundraising, including program and project design and leading the development of project proposals, together with other staff of the DCA in Kampala and HQ.
- Ensure close cooperation and exchange of information within the ACT Alliance including collaboration on appeals and other joint humanitarian responses
- Offer support in the preparation and implementation of any reviews of DCA initial emergency response in Yumbe.
- Build the capacity and work with DCA partners and ACT members
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the DanChurchAid Humanitarian Coordinator job placement must be an experienced humanitarian professional
- At least three years’ experience in a similar management position.
- Ability to enter a chaotic environment and navigate in a rapidly changing set of actors to establish humanitarian programs, expand operational capacity (currently a staff of 6), and deliver results, including fundraising as well as service delivery.
- Prior experience in Cash Transfer Programming experience is mandatory
- Specific sectoral experience in livelihoods and nutrition is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is a must.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should mail their applications letters, together with updated CVs and contact details of three work-related references, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as: “Humanitarian Coordinator.”
Deadline: 2nd October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline