Job Title: Human Resource and Administration Officer
Organisation: Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Forum for Women in Democracy is a non-partisan Women’s rights organization operating in Uganda with its head office in Kampala. FOWODE grew out of the Women’s Caucus of the 1994 – 1995 Constituency Assembly (CA) that debated and passed the 1995 Constitution. The organization’s mission is to promote gender equality in all areas of decision making through Capacity Development, Community Empowerment, Policy Engagement and Strategic Partnerships.
Job Summary: The Human Resource and Administration Officer is responsible for various human resource duties which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance management and employee engagement, welfare management, reward management, discipline and grievance handling and exit management. She also maintains and enhances human resources by preparing, planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and human resource policies, programs and practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Human Resource Duties:
· Responsible for conducting training needs assessment and development of training interventions
· In charge of HR strategy formulation
· Responsible for HR policy review in line with local laws and regulations
· Ensures tax compliance in line with payroll owners
· Identify talent for the organization and facilitate the recruitment and selection process
· Design and implement performance management and improvement systems
· Provide information and assistance to staff, management and Board/HR Committee on human resources and work related matters
· Offer support and oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees and statutory deductions are paid in a timely and accurate manner
· Actively participate in and give advice on the organization’s change management process
· Introduce and implement staff initiatives that ensure a high staff engagement level at all times.
2. Administration Duties:
· Ensure timely submission of reports to donors and other collaborating partners
· Manage the maintenance of an effective and efficient filing system
· Develop and improve administrative systems and controls including regular and consistent updating of administrative information
· Responsible for store management
· Organize all governance and secretariat meetings
· Mentor and manage the administrative staff including the Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Drivers and Cook
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should possess a good Bachelors degree in the Social Sciences or Human Resource Management.
· A Post graduate diploma or its equivalent in Human Resource will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in human resource management preferably in a nongovernmental organization
· Good knowledge and understanding of the Employment Act, NSSF Act and Income Tax Act
· Have knowledge on training and supervisory techniques
· Effective communication skills including public relations, public speaking and the ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures
· Ability to build and manage a team
· Basic counseling skills
· Ability to make decisions, negotiate and solve problems
· Computer literacy skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, excel and power point.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested individuals should send their applications including their curriculum vitae, copies of academic documents and two professional reference letters to:
The Executive Director
Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE)
P.O. Box 7176
Or email to email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline