Job Title: Head Operations and Business Technology
Organization: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Housing Finance Bank was incorporated as a private company under the Companies Act in December 1967, the Bank has become a household name and has grown in leaps and bounds with a good track record among the pioneers of a mortgage lending. National Housing & Construction Corporation, a parastatal involved in real estate business has 5% shareholding and National Social Security Fund (NSSF) holds 50% and the Government of Uganda holds 45%. Today, the bank looks back with pride on the business accomplished in the mortgage lending business. Through innovation and placing emphasis on Honesty, Integrity, Efficiency and Customer care, Housing Finance Bank is the leader in the mortgage, holding a 90% market share.
Job Summary: The Head Operations and Business Technology will oversee the centralized back office operations while ensuring superior customer experience. The incumbent will also drive innovation and implementation of business technology applications, alternate delivery channels and MIS solutions in compliance with internal controls and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the Bank’s centralized operations including cash management, trade services, payments, clearing, reconciliation, etc. to ensure efficient support to the business as per agreed service level agreements.
· Establish the Bank’s operating policies/procedures, maintain and monitor consistent application. Provide back office support to the front line team in processing of customers transaction based instructions received through the branch network, electronic payment platforms and by the treasury team.
· Leverage existing Banking technology applications to ensure that they are tailored to the business needs so as to improve process efficiency, customer convenience and / create new income streams.
· Steer and coordinate all Banking technology projects from definition to roll out.
· Regularly monitor and track performance of the Banking technology applications including alternative delivery channels such as ATMs, Mobile banking, money transfer services, etc., and ensure operational support for these channels as per agreed SLAs.
· Work closely with respective departments to develop business requirements documentation, manage relations with ICT team during and after implementation of technological solutions; propose remedies for outstanding issues.
· Offer technical support in the sourcing and evaluation of technological solutions in line with customer preferences and industry trends.
· Manage User Acceptance Tests, roll out the technological solutions and develop appropriate training programs to the respective users; carry out operational readiness assessments and impact analysis for any proposed application and changes in the existing Banking applications.
· Manage front end configurations and maintenance (charges, interest rates, new products, etc.,) for all Bank IT applications
· Work closely with and understand reporting requirements for the respective units; develop and maintain user friendly accurate and timely MIS reports.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Housing Finance Bank Head Operations and Business Technology job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in ICT, Statistics, Banking, Finance, Business Administration or other relevant degree and preferably Master’s degree in a relevant field.
· Possession of a post graduate/ professional qualification in ICT is mandatory
· A banking qualification will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of ten years’ experience in the financial services industry (at least 5 at senior management level).
· Significant experience to banking technology solutions and understanding of banking operations
· Knowledge of regulatory framework of the Banking industry
· Proven track record in the effective implementation of projects and change management.
· Previous experience in business continuity management and the development of business recovery plans.
· Knowledge of interbank clearing, funds transfer processes and SWIFT systems
· Excellent track record in managing a large team of people that is multi-disciplinary.
· Possess excellent networking and relationship management competences.
· Show commitment to management of risk and delivering quality customer service.
· Excellent coordination and organizational skills
· Ability to exercise the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Banking sector are invited to send their applications including an updated CV, certified copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, and email address of both applicant, and three competent referees addressed to:
Head Human Resources, Housing Finance Bank, Plot 4 Wampewo Avenue, P. O. Box 1539, Kampala. Uganda.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted. All applicants who will not have heard from us within five weeks of closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 21st September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline