Job Title: Head Internal Audit
Organization: National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Director General
The National Agricultural Research Organisation is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for publically funded agricultural research in Uganda. The organisation is composed of the Council as its governing body, Committees of Council, a Secretariat for its day-to-day operations with semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI’s) under its policy guidance.
Job Summary: The Head Internal Audit will primarily be responsible for planning, managing, coordinating and implementing the organizations auditing process and designing innovative strategies for ensuring value for money and for efficient operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out a risk assessment of the organizations operations and procedures, profile the risks and design mitigation measures.
- Regularly monitor the adequacy of internal controls by conducting regular audits of the financial transactions and systems, administrative procedures and operations in the organization and make appropriate recommendations.
- Monitor and review procurement processes and procedures to ensure that all decisions made with regard to procurement and disposal of assets comply with Uganda Government public procurement and disposal guidelines or with procurement guidelines of funding agencies.
- Carry out regular audits in order determine and enforce compliance with contractual obligations and ensure adherence with established policies and procedures.
- The incumbent will evaluate progress and status of steps taken to address any current and past audit recommendations made by external and internal auditors in order to strengthen the reliability and integrity of operations and business processes.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of internal auditors at NARO Secretariat and in Public Agricultural Research Institutes.
- Develop innovative and creative recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations and reducing costs.
- Prepare and submit periodic written reports of findings concerning the, source and application of funds, use of assets and facilities, adherence to policies procedures ad guidelines and makes recommendations for improvement to NARO council.
- Actively facilitate the operations of the Audit Committee of Council.
- Perform any other duties as will be assigned by the Chairperson Audit Committee and the Director General.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the NARO Head Internal Audit job must be a Ugandan who possesses a good degree in Commerce, Financial Accounting or Business Administration with an accounting/Finance option from a recognized University.
- The applicant must have an A' level certificate with at least two principal passes.
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA or any other internationally recognized professional accounting qualification.
- Must be a member Accountancy professional body such as CPA(U) or ACCA.
- Professional training in auditing is desirable
- A minimum of five years’ experience of heading an Internal Audit Department/Unit in a reputable organization.
- Age: Below 50 years.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join NARO are encouraged to send their applications to the Director General, National Agricultural Research Organization, P.O. Box 295, Entebbe, Uganda.
The complete applications should include applications, detailed curriculum vitae giving day-time telephone contacts, names and postal/e-mail addresses and daytime telephone contact of 3 (three) referees of good standing in society as well as copies of professional certificates and testimonials.
Deadline: 7th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline