Job Title: Head Finance and Compliance
Organisation: Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO)
Project Name: Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja Project (PACK))
Funding Source: Irish Aid
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO) was established as a membership organization in 1996 to provide a platform for coordination, Advocacy, resource mobilization, capacity building and information sharing among civil society AIDS service organizations (ASOs). With its secretariat in Kampala, UNASO has a membership of over 2,000 AIDS service ionizations involved in HIV& AIDS and Health work. UNASO’s vision is “A Ugandan Society free of HIV and AIDS and its impact"; while her Mission is; “to provide leadership to ASOs for collective response to HIV& AIDS and Health through effective representation, coordination and enhanced capacities.”
About PACK Project:
A Civil Society organizations’ consortium (CSO-C) with support from Irish is implementing a five-year project “Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja” (PACK); The consortium comprises of Alliance of Mayors and Municipal Leaders on HIV/AIDS in Africa (AMICAALL), National Forum of People Living with HIV Networks in Uganda (NAFOPHANU), Straight Talk Foundation (STF), The AIDS Support Organization (TASO) and Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO) was formed in 2015 in order to implement a “Prevention of HIV and AIDS in Communities of Karamoja” (PACK) Program. It’s also to test the feasibility of funding CSOs in responding to the HIV/AIDS epidemic through a grant that is for and is managed by the civil society. In the consortium, AMICAALL will strengthen capacity of municipalities and lower local government and community leaders in Karamoja while STF will provide HIV and AIDS prevention and SRH information targeting adolescents, youth and young women in the region. TASO will carry out community support engagements and NAFOPHANU will build capacity of PLHIV networks in the region and address HIV stigma and discrimination as a key barrier to utilization of services. UNASO will be the Grants Management Unit (GMU) for administering the grants and providing technical and financial management support to the consortium.
Job Summary: The Head Finance and Compliance will be responsible for all aspects of financial and accounting compliance management of the PACK project Grants working collaboratively to ensure compliance with UNASO internal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations. The incumbent will be responsible for all financial and compliance functions in the program, including accounting, payments/disbursements , banking, payroll management, budgeting, financial reporting, grant financial management and compliance to donor rules. In support of the PACK partners, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that fiduciary risks are always at a minimum. S/he will be responsible for the overall financial management oversight of the Irish Aid grant and will ensure timely completion of financial reporting obligations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the financial management requirements and arrangements for UNASO including; data collection, accurate recording, and reporting of all financial transactions, review and analysis of reports, development of budgets, tracking of budgets, and reporting.
- Keenly review and verify all financial reports submitted by Consortium partners making sure that they are in accordance with UNASO financial management and reporting procedures and internationally accepted best practices and consolidate these reports into the Progress Update and Disbursement Request/Enhanced Financial Reporting for submission to Irish Aid
- Responsible for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection and custody of funds, and financial instruments
- Regularly monitor funds absorption rate based on the analysis of trimester financial reports at UNASO Prepare correspondence with respect to the above reports, including liaison with the Consortium partners to collate the necessary documents and supporting information required to explain any variances.
- Manage the maintenance of complete and accurate financial and accounting documentation and records for review by management, Irish Aid, and external auditors
- Provide oversight to the development, implementation and regular monitoring of an internal control program to monitor performance of financial processes according to standards and to highlight any deviation from the approved policies and procedures.
- Prepare accurate and comprehensive monthly and trimester financial reports, analyze variance reports, and provide supporting documentation.
- Ensure timely compilation and submission of statutory financial returns and related management reports.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Financial and Accounting procedures in place
- Periodic work plans and budgets in place
- Financial returns/reports consolidated in time
- Cash Flow projections in place
- Financial statements produced
- Sound Financial management system maintained
- Capacity of partners built to enable them manage the funds disbursed to them
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting or Masters in Business Administration or Full professional qualifications such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA.
- Professional accounts qualification such as CPA (U), ACCA, ACAor its equivalent is desirable.
- At least five years of professional experience in Accounting/Finance and / or project financial management preferably in the health, social or financial sector.
- Excellent analytical, financial management and evaluation skills.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems such as Navision, QuickBooks, Tally etc.
- Good team leader and player with excellent planning and organization skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials either by post or hand delivery addressed to the:
Uganda Network of AIDS Service Organizations (UNASO),
Plot 190, Kiira Road. Ntinda- Kyambogo Route,
P.O. Box 27346 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For hand delivery, please deliver to the address above between 8.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
NB: Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 7th October, 2016 by 4:00 PM
NB: If you do not hear from us by 28th October, 2016, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline