Job Title: Grants Officer
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Grants Manager
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 150 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of health sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of health.
Job Summary: The Grants Officer will be responsible for providing support to the organizations' Grant's department and activities. The incumbent will strengthen the Grants unit to work efficiently and effectively through implementation of Grants policies and practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitor project budgets and expenditure:
- Work closely with budget holders to ensure that they have the required knowledge and information about their budgets.
- Regularly monitor expenditure to avoid budget overruns.
- Validating system generated reports regularly to ensure accuracy of project reports.
Follow up on Invoice Reimbursements:
- Maintain a log of monthly invoices and their respective reimbursements.
- Ensure that Income received is readily is posted.
- Give an update to the Finance Manager about invoice reimbursement/incomes not received to enable timely follow up.
Project Close Outs:
- Coordinating and preparing project close out reports in consultation with the Finance, Human Resource, Procurement, Administration and Regulatory offices.
- Timely communication with Department heads about project end date to ensure timely close out as stated in the Notice of Grant award.
Participate in financial, accounting and budget processes:
- Actively participate in budget formulation for all projects.
- Use NAVISION to check transactions & expenses that have been posted to correct activity codes.
- Conducting site visits to monitor project implementation and conducting refresher trainings for Budget Holders and Project Managers.
Ensure proper storage of project/grants office documents: Filing subcontracts, monthly expenditure reports, information on project income and any other information that is relevant for Grants administration.
Ensure compliance with Funder requirements at all time: Communicating and updating staff members about new regulations
Key Result Areas:
- Project close out reports
- Monthly validated Budget vs. Expenditure reports
- Detailed monthly report on Incomes received
- Storage of Grant documents.
- Ensuring compliance with Funder requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Grants Officer job opportunity must hold a Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting) or Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting).
- Professional qualification (ACCA and or CPA) is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years working experience in a busy Grants and Finance department.
- Computer literacy i.e. knowledge of Navision accounting system and other Microsoft programs that can support day-to-day work.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the Grant Management Cycle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated drive and results oriented
- Integrity and ability to develop a productive working relationship.
- Exhibit commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Excels at operating in a fast and diverse environment
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send typed letters of application together with updated CVs, two reference letters from past employers and or immediate supervisors plus copies of academic certificates to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC),
Plot 2C, Nakasero Hill Road next to Uganda Blood Bank.
P. O Box 7475, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 29th September 2016
NB: If you do not hear from us three weeks after the deadline of this advert, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline