Job Title: Grants and Administration Officer
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Project Name: Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains (REACH) project
Funding Source: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Reports to: Grants and Administration Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
About REACH Project:
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) has submitted a proposal for the REACH (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) project to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kampala, Uganda. The project will improve market engagement for 40,000 market oriented farmers, strengthen household resilience and increase availability of agricultural support services for farmers and businesses in the rice and potato value chains in consideration of their strategic importance to the Government of Uganda and EKN.
Job Summary: The Grants and Administration Officer will provide comprehensive office management duties including organizing and maintaining grant and financial files (electronic and paper); maintaining physical office space; maintain financial assistance by maintaining vendor relationships as needed; send payroll reminders to staff, gather timesheets and verify with calendars before submission to finance manager and participate in the grant making process from recruitment to closure of grants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will organize and maintain grant and financial filing system, both electronic and paper files
- Maintain physical office space and maintain financial assistance by maintaining vendor relationships as needed
- Send payroll reminders to staff, gather leave forms and update leave tracker, gather timesheets and verify with calendars and submit to finance manager.
- Handle accounts receivable and grant billing as needed and liaise with finance to ensure timely disbursement of funds to grantees and partners
- Maintain and update service providers and grantee contact list and coordinate with staff on mailings and other correspondences
- Maintain and update tools to track grant and partner amounts, monitor grant and partner budgets and expense submissions to funders and provide necessary updates to technical teams
- Offer support in the preparation of grant application documents, review and evaluate grant applications, coordinate solicitation, participate in conducting background checks for final applicants of grants, contracting process and close out of grants
- Actively contribute to preparation of Grants and Administration periodic reports
- Receive and participate in grant monitoring and review of the grant reports to ensure compliance with reporting guidelines while liaising with the Grants and Administration Manager to diagnose and resolve any issues identified with grantees
- Coordinate with the procurement team on grantee direct procurements as well as final disposal of items during close out
- Perform any other duties and may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Grants and Administration Officer job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field including: Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, Financial Management
- At least three years’ experience with an international organization on grants administration and compliance.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency with Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and high degree of personal organization.
- Ability to work under pressure, deliver quality results and meet deadlines
- Ability to solve problems while exercising good judgment while working with people from wide range of cultural backgrounds.
- Broad knowledge of donor financial procedures / regulations related to grant-making.
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent self-starter with strong written and communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) should Apply Online by clicking on the link below. Follow the instructions on how to create resume and Apply.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline