Job Title: Grants and Administration Manager
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Project Name: Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains (REACH) project
Funding Source: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
About REACH Project:
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) has submitted a proposal for the REACH (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) project to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kampala, Uganda. The project will improve market engagement for 40,000 market oriented farmers, strengthen household resilience and increase availability of agricultural support services for farmers and businesses in the rice and potato value chains in consideration of their strategic importance to the Government of Uganda and EKN.
Job Summary: The Grants and Administration Manager will be responsible for ensuring an efficient grant application and management system is operational, that is consistent with IFDC’s and DGIS’ policies. The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring grant implementation from award to utilization and closing/evaluation. S/he is also responsible for all administrative issues including procurement, HR, IT, equipment and facilities. S/he will be supported by an Office Assistant, Procurement Officer and a Grants and Admin Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will review and improve the grants manual in line with IFDC and DGIS’ policies.
- Review grant applications and ensure adherence to application standards/requirements and procedures.
- Regularly monitor grant implementation for compliance requirements and ensure the establishment and documentation of outcome reporting measures,
- Providing an efficient and up-to-date process for tracking grant payments and contribution/match funding from public and private sector.
- The incumbent will manage the administration team including Procurement Officer, Admin and Grants Officer.
- Offer support in the development of contracts for service providers, partners and consultants.
- Perform HR functions including staff contracts, staff file management, and management of appraisal system.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Grants and Administration Manager career opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or other related field. Possession of a Master’s degree (MBA) will be an added advantage.
- At least five years’ experience supervising grant administration staff; demonstrated ability to select, train, motivate, and inspire staff while holding them accountable for their performance
- At least three years’ experience in office management
- Ability to work effectively as a team leader and collaboratively as part of a team and a desire to achieve, and lead others toward excellence
- A minimum of three years’ experience using grants management software
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks and maintain composure under demanding conditions
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) should Apply Online by clicking on the link below. Follow the instructions on how to create resume and Apply.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline