Job Title: General Manager/Chief Executive Officer
Organisation: Uganda Development Corporation (UDC)
Project Name: Soroti Fruit factory (SOFTE)
Duty Station: Soroti, Uganda
Reports to: Board of Directors
Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) has been revived as an investment arm through which Government will invest in strategic Sectors of the economy in partnership with the private sector to trigger industrial and economic development of the country. The mandate of UDC is to promote and facilitate the industrial and economic development of Uganda. One of the current projects UDC is implementing is the Soroti Fruit factory (SOFTE).
Job Summary: The General Manager/Chief Executive Officer will provide strategic leadership through working with the Board and staff to ensure fulfillment of Soroti Fruits Factory’s (SOFTE’s) Vision and Business Mission
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will ensure the maximization of stakeholder values and the long-term success of SOFTE.
- Staff Management, Motivation and Development, providing them with leadership and motivation to fulfill the mission of SOFTE.
- Actively promote and sustain business ethical standards and accountability
- Provide business and financial leadership and ensure mobilization, optimal utilization and accountability of resources to foster business prosperity with SOFTE.
- The jobholder will also authorize commitment of corporate resources including contracts, transactions and SOFTE’s strategies, corporate plans and objectives.
- Ensure compliance Leadership, ensuring that all operations and activities of SOFTE are conducted in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, good corporate governance principles and practices and any other policies and practices approved by the Board.
- Ensure coordination within the various departments constituting the company to foster synergy and hence business success.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that policy decisions made by the Board of Directors are implemented at all levels of the company.
- Establish structures and develop systems which facilitate the implementation of policy decisions made by the Board of Directors.
- Establish minimum standards of performance to ensure that implementation of business policy decisions of the Board of Directors at an optimal level at any given time.
- Through the Board Committee for Staff and Management, recruit competent staff for the efficient business operations of the company in accordance with the business strategies and objectives of the company as set out by the Board of Directors.
- Establish and implement an efficient and effective human resource management system including provision for both in-service and external staff development opportunities to ensure that staff are motivated at all times and thus make their own dutiful contribution towards the realization of the company’s business objectives through optimal performance.
- Provide leadership, vision and strategies at operational and staff level.
- Perform any other duties within the scope of the position, which from time to time may be delegated by the Chairperson Board of Directors.
- Institute management controls, and critical success factors;
- Responsible for developing resource mobilization strategies and programmes for approval by the Board and in liaison with Uganda Development Corporation/Government for purposes of fostering the business prosperity of the company.
- Perform any other official duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Board of Directors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in one of the following fields; Business Administration, Economics, Food technology, Finance, Industrial Chemistry, Engineering or related course
- Candidates with engineering degrees must be registered with the Engineer’s Registration Board.
- A post graduate management qualification is essential for non-business graduates
- A minimum of ten years of working experience, 5 of which must be at a senior management level in a foods or beverages organization.
- Knowledge of the fruit processing sub- sector will be an added advantage.
- Result-oriented with very good communication skills.
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Good leadership, mentoring and coaching skills
- Experience in operations and management of FMCG plant.
- Age: Between 40 – 55 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
Uganda Development Corporation,
Floor 5, Soliz House,
Plot 23 Lumumba Avenue,
P. O. Box 7042 Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 7th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline