Job Title: General Ledger Accountant
Organisation: Zoe Recruitment
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Zoe Recruitment is an HR consultancy company that exists to contribute to the transformation of productivity and work ethic, by linking talent to business/organizations, and placing people right. At Zoe we believe this then forms the foundation for sustainable business and on a larger scale, economic growth. Zoe would like to recruit for a valuable client in the hospitality industry.
Job Summary: The General Ledger Accountant will control and report on general Ledger transactions, support the period close process, and ensure that the general ledger account balances and trial balances are complete and accurate. Additionally this will involve maintaining a reliable control environment and ensuring the most effective use of systems and processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, document, input and file all manual Journals
- Analysis of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet Accounts, including explanation of movements in accounts and correct codifications
- Provide analysis of spend versus previous month and against budget together with overall year-on-year comparison while identifying areas of exposure and actions to close.
- Prepare and analyse Difference in Exchange (DIE) reports and other impact from external factors, and recommend course of actions to be mitigate impacts. Ensure Correct Operating and Capital Expenditure Budgets, and monitor spend against set limit. Assist Management Information Manager in formulating Plan/Budget and Quarterly forecasts.
- Master Reference Data Focal Point, responsible maintaining the Business Units Structure, Chart of Accounts, and the Accounting Instructions on ERP/System
- Act as the focal point for Finance Key Performance Indicators – Devise and implement action plan to address any gap and/or deviations.
- Responsible for daily analysis and review of System Integrity reports for General Ledger
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- Understand and comply with the company’s HSSE policies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in commerce, statistics, Business Administration and or any other Accounting professional qualifications (ACCA or CPA)
- Proficiency in general accounting and double-entry. Fundamental understanding of financial chart of account structures.
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives with competing interests for time and evolving priorities.
- Solid IT skills including knowledge of an ERP system and the Microsoft Office suite. Good practical experience of Excel is an advantage.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills. Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- A capacity for hard work, with high commitment and a “self-starter” approach.
- Excellent ability in general accounting, organisational and interpersonal skills along with a keen eye for detail and a strong commitment to best-practice.
- The incumbent should possess a high standard of computer literacy and a good, practical working knowledge of financial systems as a pre-requisite.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through Zoe’s e-recruitment portal at the link below together with:
- Attached copies of all academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates);
- Detailed CVs and daytime mobile telephone numbers;
- Three work references and or/academic references;
Deadline: 23rd September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline