Job Title: Gender & Youth Advisor
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Project Name: Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains (REACH) project
Funding Source: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Reports to: Chief of Party
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
About REACH Project:
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) has submitted a proposal for the REACH (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) project to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kampala, Uganda. The project will improve market engagement for 40,000 market oriented farmers, strengthen household resilience and increase availability of agricultural support services for farmers and businesses in the rice and potato value chains in consideration of their strategic importance to the Government of Uganda and EKN.
Job Summary: The Gender & Youth Advisor will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all work related to gender and youth activities including: 1) planning of project interventions targeted towards these groups, 2) routine monitoring of program activities, 3) gender and youth analysis, and 4) special studies or reports as needed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with management and personnel to integrate gender and youth throughout the project.
- Steer the development of a project gender and youth strategy and integration plan.
- Assess gender and youth dynamics in the selected clusters and value chains in coordination with project staff and sector specialists, addressing barriers to improving participation of youth and women.
- The incumbent will assess labor policies and identify constraints impacting workforce development and employment.
- Offer support in the development of operational manuals to ensure gender and youth equity and sensitivity in manual content and presentation.
- Actively participate in gender-related meetings with the donor, stakeholders, government officials, and implementing partners.
- Work closely with local women’s groups, gender-focused organizations, youth-focused organizations and other groups implementing similar gender- and youth-related activities in similar areas.
- Work in liaison with technical staff to design and implement activities that strengthen women’s and youth access to finance, training and other resources, such as land.
- Formulate strategies, activities, and messages for communicating the business case for investing in women and youth enterprises.
- Ensure gender and youth impacts and resource utilization are tracked, monitored, analyzed and reported via the M&E system.
- Propose indicators and data collection methods for tracking changes in women’s and youth’s empowerment, gender dynamics, and gender inequality gaps
- Carry out focus groups and interviews with program participants as necessary in collaboration with the M&E system to gather information on the program’s effect on gender and youth status and dynamics.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Gender & Youth Advisor career opportunity must hold a Master’s degree or higher in Social Sciences or a related field.
- At least four years’ experience in planning, implementing and assessing workforce, and enterprise development and access to financial services with a gender and youth perspective.
- Prior experience successfully working in societies with low gender and development indicators.
- Extensive work experience in the Uganda and/or regionally.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills.
- Fluency in spoken and good written English is mandatory.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) should Apply Online by clicking on the link below. Follow the instructions on how to create resume and Apply.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline