Job Title: Gender & OVC Specialist
Organization: RECO Industries Limited
Project Name: USAID/ Uganda’s Production for Improved Nutrition project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: M&E Specialist
RECO Industries Limited is implementing USAID/Uganda’s Production for Improved Nutrition project. The project works to reduce the burden of under nutrition by providing Ready to Use Therapeutic and supplementary Foods to pregnant women, breast feeding mothers and People Living with HIV/AIDS in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Gender & OVC Specialist will support the USAID Project by tasking responsibility of ensuring that the project mainstreams gender in the entire programming cycle and that quality services are provided to OVC to decrease their vulnerability and improve their well-being.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and implement a Gender mainstreaming strategy
- Take part in data analysis and ensure that all project data is analyzed with focus on gender particularly relations, issues and constraints through the value chain analysis.
- Orient and train project staff in gender sensitive programming.
- Manage the selection of OVCs and households for project inclusion
- Coordinate the implementation of OVC components of the projects and ensure compliance with the Gender Ministry guidelines.
- Coordinate the Child status index utilization
- Analyze the Child status index data
- Actively participate in baseline surveys and evaluation studies
- Participate in the development of annual work plans and project progress reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID Gender & OVC Specialist job placement should preferably hold a University degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, etc from a reputable University.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in OVC programming.
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org including an application letter, updated and detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certifications / testimonials and names of three professional referees.
Deadline: 26th September 2016