Job Title: Assistant Field Officer
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: 10026375
Vacancy Notice: 018/2016
Reports to: Field Officer
Duty Station: Adjumani, Uganda
Post Grade: NOA
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Assistant Field Officer will receive direct guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country/regional programme(s). The jobholder will work closely with a range of local civilian and military authorities and counterparts in NGOs and UN agencies to discuss matters of common interest. UNHCR Manual, programme and protection objectives, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the incumbent
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will assess the needs of persons of concern in the AoR and formulate project submissions in collaboration with district authorities and implementing partners.
- Actively promote and monitor the implementation of assistance projects.
- Report regularly on rate of flow of new arrivals and estimate expected influx based on interviews with persons of concern.
- Work in liaison with implementing partners, assist with the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Keep track of cases of detention; register applicants for voluntary repatriation and family reunion.
- Offer support in the preparation of monthly sectoral reports and submit material for preparation of periodic project monitoring reports and year-end reports.
- Perform any other relevant duties as required.
Key Performance Indicators:
- UNHCR policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- The needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analysed in a Participatory manner using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Assistant Field Officer job placement should hold a University degree in Law, Political Sciences or related fields.
- At least two years of previous relevant work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English, Madi, Lugabra and Aringa
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Prior field experience.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Knowledge of refugee law is desired
- Good knowledge of UNHCR programmes.
- UNHCR Protection Learning Programme.
- UNHCR Operations Management Learning Programme.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team but also independently, in a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge of the UN system is desired
- Ability to work in remote areas
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 24th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline