Job Title: Supply Supervisor
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Grade: FSN-7 (Ugshs 46,440,981 p.a inclusive of allowances)
Vacancy Announcement Number: 89-16
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Deborah R. Malac currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
· United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
· Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
· Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Supply Supervisor manages the Expendable supply clerks, and is the main person in charge of, and managing of the expendables warehouse. The total value of expendable supplies is $15 million. The incumbent will deal with employees of all agencies (U.S. Direct Hires and FSNs) in person on the phone or via e-mail.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Supply Supervisor maintains a running record of all supplies in the expendable warehouse. Handles all expendable requests for office and Maintenance supplies, and is responsible for the movement of all supplies in and out of the supplies store ensuring appropriate personnel sign approvals and receipts of goods.
- The Supply Supervisor is responsible for monitoring of all the Expendable supplies stock levels, maintain minimum stocks especially for the most consumed items and places orders to replenish the stock on time. He should be able to follow up the outstanding orders for the Expendable supplies with both procurement and or the Shipping office. Responsible for implementing automatic renewals of expendable supplies in Integrated Logistics Management System.
- The Supply Supervisor has to make sure that supplies warehouse is in a tidy and orderly fashion at all times and is responsible for receiving, packing and storing of new stocks and to ensure that the storage area of supplies store is kept in order and that supplies are protected from dirt and dust. Respond in a timely fashion to all in-coming requests and will be responsible for approving these requests before the supply clerks can act on the same. Coordinate with customers regarding delivery and notification of any items that are not being supplied.
- During the inventory period, help the inventory takers in counting and reconciliation. At this time also make sure to identify outdated stock of supplies and have it isolated for disposal in the right and acceptable form.
- Back-Up Duties: Fill in for the Supervisor in the Non-expendable warehouse when that person is absent, and other duties as will be directed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United US Embassy Supply Supervisor job opportunity should completed secondary school education O and A level with a diploma in business management, stores, supplies, procurement or logistical management.
- At least two years relevant experience in warehouse management, related work is required with emphasis on practical hands-on responsibility.
- Broad working knowledge of warehouse management including: overseeing human resources; receiving and issuing of supplies; storage of goods; control of stock movement; documentation flow; detecting and dealing with stock losses; health and safety; security; quality control; record keeping and reporting; disposal of obsolete and damaged goods; reverse logistics – return of goods and exit strategy in the event of downscaling or shutting down operations.
- Must be tactful, yet effective, in dealing with American personnel relative to inventories of household furnishings and equipment.
- Possess basic typing and computer skills.
- Language Proficiency: Level III English ability (good working knowledge) is required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications and strictly adhere to the following:
· Download a completed and signed Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff, Download it Here.
· Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov
NB: Your application will be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements including submission of standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) in a single attachment (No Zipped files, Links or Multiple Attachments) and should not exceed 10MB. Please clearly indicate the position number and title you are applying for on the DS-174 form.
Deadline: 3rd October 2016
The US Mission in Kampala provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline